Descripción del Trabajo
Develops and implements production/processing methods and controls to meet quality standards in the most efficient manner for new and existing assembly/molding processes. Monitors the assembly/molding process;
troubleshooting problem processes and assisting in resolving quality issues. Provides technical expertise onvarious projects/production jobs and processes as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Implement the startup of new/existing projects/production jobs, optimizing cost, efficiency and quality.
· Establish and ensure process control and maintains appropriate documentation.
· Monitor the assembly/molding process running in production; troubleshoot problems associated with
processes, and assist in resolving quality issues.
· Establish processes for new product lines; document product development and changes; evaluate new
product performance; and monitor new tool design.
· Debug moderately complex problems within a portion of new systems, tooling and automation.
· Implement experiments to enhance processes as well as improve yields and utilization through reduced
cycle and efficient set-up.
· Implement maintenance changes in process improvements; propose or specify repair alteration of
automation while ensuring adequate documentation is maintained.
· Maintain a clean and safe work environment; supporting all company safety programs and initiatives.
· May provide direction to assembly and material handling employees as necessary.
· Apply and support lean manufacturing principles.
· Supports all company safety and quality programs and initiatives.
· Other responsibilities may be assigned from time to time as needed, based on the evolution of the company
and the requirements of the department/position.
· B.S. Degree in manufacturing or plastics engineering (or equivalent experience).
· 4-6 years in an injection molding environment.
· Clean room, machine maintenance, assembly manufacturing, processing parameters and controls
experience is preferred.
· Scientific Injection Molding experience.
· Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.