Descripción del Trabajo
Operate as the General Manager of Jabil Circuit’s Custom Mechanical supply base. Drive and coordinate all of the necessary resources required for the successful launch of new products within Jabil Circuit’s Custom Mechanical supply base and be responsible for the optimum operational performance of the Custom Mechanical supply base throughout the product life cycle.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Liaise with Global and Workcell Supplier Quality Engineer (ECN); provide solutions to supplier manufacturing problems and escalations throughout product life cycle.
· Oversee production start and ramp up. Ensure safe product launch.
· Manage execution of Engineering Change Notices (ECN) within mechanical supply chain from all perspectives, inventory, obsolescence, cost etc.
· Manage end of life, minimize E & O.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
Assurance of Supply
· Act as first point of escalation when supply assurance comes under threat
· Ensure that Supplier employs best practice techniques
· Ensure that Jabil has sufficient Machine Capacity reserved and Management Prioritization inside supplier
· Ensure that supplier has correct manning availability and capability (Training)
· Liaise with Tooling Engineers to manage day to day issues inside supplier during tool / process qualifications and start up
· Liaise with Jabil work cells and act as communication link between BU and Supplier
· Mitigate risk where supplier selection necessitates use of a supplier whose audit / performance shows significant deficiencies. Install in-process inspection, process audits as required.
· Material Management & process yield continuous improvement programs.
· Economic raw material handling, recycling and processing.
· Recycling of packaging and masks.
· Execution of agreed SOIA /VMI contracts where applicable.
· Optimize and Harmonize processes to maximize yields and eliminate waste.
· Develop / set / manage min – max kanban system for finished goods.
· Cycle time reduction program.
· Assembly operation efficiency improvement.
· Implement planned preventative maintenance on tooling and assembly machines.
· Reduce down time / Improve set-ups (SMED) / Optimization of high mix programs.
· Liaise with BU’s, determine future capacity requirements.
· Oversee installation, trial and qualification of additional manufacturing lines.
· Provide supplier performance feedback to RCM and BU.
A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, or Mechanical Engineering, or an equivalent proven track record in an EMS or similar environment is required. A minimum of five years related experience is required. Experience in the custom mechanical supply chain industry is essential, either from within the supply chain itself or from within an EMS or OEM environment. A technical background in Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering is a plus. A solid understanding of custom mechanical manufacturing and materials management is required, as well as a proven track record in negotiation, cost reduction activities, operational and program management. Strong leadership skills are required. Extensive domestic, regional and international travel is required.