Descripción del Trabajo
Lead and administrate the Workcell’s / Workcells’ Planning organization as the functional manager’s delegate. Responsible for the overall planning function in their own Workcell / Workcells.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Responsible for driving a systematic process receive and evaluate customer demand, ensure a feasible operational plan is always in place, support the Operation’s business development effort with current and potential customers / divisions, and drive continuous improvement in key materials metrics, such as OTD, MPS performance, FG / WIP inventory and Hub level. The Workcell planning manager is in charge of overall planning Job in their WC as a delegate of site Planning Functional Manager.
· Empower all Workcell planners and coach them to champion and take ownership of the following efforts as related to their needs of the workcell.
· Reconcile the Master Production Schedule to customer purchase order coverage weekly to ensure that Jabil Circuit China is not exposed over purchase order coverage.
· Assess production schedules, revise when necessary, optimize run quantities, minimize change over and achieve 100% on time delivery.
· Update and maintain the Master Production Schedule as changes are identified in order for the MRP to reflect accurate, up-to-date information.
· Conduct regular cycle count at the production floor to maximizes inventory accuracy and minimizes disruption on the operation. Ensure Production declares the attrition of materials regularly.
· Resolve all excess issues to Production and investigate the reasons for excess issues and create systems to minimize recurrence.
· Co-ordinate and resolve outstanding materials issues with the buyers to avoid material shortages.
· Forecast proper planners’ headcount and coach high caliber staff for their Workcell.
· Develop, motivate and challenge the team members to perform their full potential, providing direct and timely feedback.
· Prepare periodic performance review of the team.
· Review all relevant policies and procedures with department members, instructing them regarding the specific instruction to their assignments. Ensure each individual’s comprehension, as well as his or her on-going support and compliance.
· Managing, monitoring and reviewing the workcell goals and objectives.
· Critical focus areas:
· Overall demand management activities for all divisions / customers and overall Workcell capacity sizing including all divisions and all stations.
· Working with site Planning Functional Manager and Workcell Global Planning Manager to develop and implement the new planning strategies for unique customer / division requirements.
· Ensures that the appropriate Master Schedule is always loaded that meets the customer requirements and minimizes Jabil liability.
· Participates in decision-making and planning to reconfigure production lines to support customer demand and planned master schedule.
· Defines and monitors key performance metrics.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Strong knowledge of global and regional logistics operations and industry.
· Strong proficiency in determining logistics requirements to enable company’s business goals and objectives with ability to devise and implement strategy to achieve targets.
· Strong financial and analytical ability. Proficiency in managing business analytics to determine optimum company footprint.
· Strong knowledge of international direct and indirect taxes as well as global customs regimes.
· Proven track record of successful change management accomplishments, implementing and management continuous productivity and cost reduction programs.
· Strong and convincing communication skills.
· Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· A Certification by related professional organizations (such as APICS), a bachelor’s degree in Materials Management, Business Administration, or an equivalent, or an experience in electronics manufacturing industry is a plus.
· A combination of 3-5 years of related experience in the electronics manufacturing industry; a bachelor’ degree; and 2-3 years of supervisory experience.
· Or a combination of education, experience and/or training.