Descripción del Trabajo
Develops and implements programs, projects or processes for typically Jabil’s largest accounts or strategic customers and/or industries, strategically managing the customer relationship road map. Defines shared vision with customer to grow the business relationship and develops and sponsors tactics to achieve strategic objectives across functional groups or within a business group through most senior-level internal and external customer interaction. Establishes strategic direction and develops tactical plans and completes complex assignments with minimal supervision or review, including contract negotiation and amendment. Provides comprehensive solutions to complex problems. End results are evaluated for achieving goals and objectives. Extensive contact with executive-level internal and external customers is required to obtain, clarify or provide facts and information.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Demonstrates an entrepreneurial spirit and drive.
· Full global responsibility for a customer or group of customers Profit & Loss (P&L) statement (multi-site responsibility).
· Pricing (i.e. materials and value-add) is a core responsibility of the Sr. Business Unit Director.
· Typically assigned to Jabil’s largest accounts or strategic customers and/or industries.
· Establishes and manages current customer relationships, striving to capitalize on organic revenue growth opportunities.
· Demonstrated strategic capability to look beyond the customer and understand the end market and industry.
· Manages the customer relationship road map from a strategic relationship perspective.
· Negotiates contract terms and/or amends established contract terms and Service Level Agreements (SLAs) with customers.
· Defines the Business Unit organization structure and staffs appropriately. Manages the team to effectively support customer contract terms and SLAs.
· Owns the execution of operational SLA delivery and escalations.
· Ultimately held accountable for revenue growth success with assigned customer base.
· Exhibits demonstrated successful relationship-building skills with highest-level audiences at more strategic and senior levels within the customer’s organization and within Jabil.
· Responsible for the Request for Proposal (RFP) process for assigned customer accounts. May support RFP processes for others.
· Manages the performance, developments, and rewards for direct report. Indirectly manages work of others through Jabil’s Workcell business model.
· Full responsibility for continuous improvement of customer relationship performance metrics and customer satisfaction.
· Assumes leadership role in site-level strategic planning meetings.
· Manages and drives the Quarterly Business Review (QBR) process with assigned customer account.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Excellent communication skills
· Fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of global business awareness/experience (e.g., taxation, laws, culture),
· Advanced concepts, practices and procedures of operational functions (e.g., manufacturing, supply chain, etc.)
· Extensive knowledge of total Jabil solutions available for offer
· Strong financial skill knowledge and aptitude (e.g. balance sheet, income statement, etc.)
· Jabil tools (Financial system, quote process, etc.)
· Advanced contract and negotiation knowledge/experience at a more strategic level
· Leadership/people-management skills
· Strong customer service skills and experience
ESSENTIAL SKILLS, ABILITIES AND EXAMPLE BEHAVIOR(S)
· DELEGATE: Able to clearly assign responsibility and authority for tasks to appropriately selected individuals or teams; Able to remove obstacles to administration and / or execution. Able to allow for and contribute needed resources
· SPEAK COMPETENTLY: Able to speak clearly and concisely; Able to use appropriate vocabulary for the audience; Able to get point across unambiguously and check for understanding
· PRESENT SKILLFULLY: Able to prepare and deliver clear, effective, and professional presentations
· DELIVER EXCEPTIONAL CUSTOMER SERVICE: Able to demonstrate sensitivity to customer needs (both internal and external) and proactively address customer needs; Able to make customer satisfaction a high priority
· NEGOTIATE: Able to apply effective questioning and listening techniques to determine each party's position; Able to look for common ground and build on areas of agreement to reach win-win outcomes; Able to ensure the agreed-upon alternatives have the support of all parties involved
· SELL: Able to identify the needs of internal and external customers through effective questioning and listening techniques; Able to apply technical / professional knowledge, interpersonal and sales skills to obtain customers' commitment to ideas, services or products
· COACH: Able to observe and track performance in order to instruct, guide, encourage, and support employees; Able to provide positive and developmental feedback on performance; Able to place emphasis on continuous improvement
· DEVELOP OTHERS: Able to provide a challenging and supportive climate that encourages development in the work team; Able to assess the strengths and development needs of staff; Able to actively seek and promote opportunities for the development of others; Able to take an active part in the training and ongoing development of direct reports
· EMPOWER OTHERS: Able to establish an environment where risk-taking, ideas and initiative are encouraged; Able to "push down" authority and responsibility, creating a sense of ownership of jobs or projects; Able to reinforce and coach, offering help without removing responsibility
· INFLUENCE: Able to use effective communication and interpersonal skills to convince others to accept ideas or goals (with or without the formal authority of a higher position); Able to gain agreement and commitment from others to support and implement methods or processes
· PROVIDE DIRECTION: Able to establish and communicate a common vision; Able to translate company strategy into team goals and objectives; Able to set clear priorities; Able to clarify roles and responsibilities through individual performance plans; Able to make self available for questions
· BE PROFESSIONAL: Able to project a positive, professional image with both internal and external business contacts; Able to create a positive first impression; Able to gain respect and trust of others through personal image and demeanor
· DELIVER QUALITY RESULTS: Able to deliver top quality service to all customers (internal and external); Able to ensure all details are covered and adhere to Jabil’s policies; Able to strive to do things right the first time; Able to meet agreed-upon commitments or advises customer when deadlines are jeopardized; Able to define high standards for quality and evaluate products, services, and own performance against those standards
· BE DECISIVE: Able to make sound decisions within time constraints; Able to commit to a course of action, even in ambiguous situations, without excessive deliberation; Able to identify unique (but effective) solutions
· THINK STRATEGICALLY: Able to see the "big picture" and be future-thinking; Able to anticipate future trends and consequences accurately; Able to take a broad perspective; Able to create a vision of organizational objectives; Able to make decisions based on long-term company goals
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor's Degree required. Masters Degree preferred.
· Degree in Engineering, Finance/Accounting, or Business Management preferred.
· Over fifteen (15) years work-related experience required, preferably in Business Management, Financial or Operations fields.
· Significant previous strategic account management experience preferred.
· Minimum of eight (8) to (10) years management experience required.
· Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
· Regular business hours. Some additional hours may be required.
· Travel requirements: Domestic and International, up to 75%.
· Climate controlled office environment during normal business hours.
Hands in water
Unusual hearing or vision demands: None specified
^Other physical demands or notes: Employees should not attempt to lift, pull or push a load in excess of 50 lbs. without assistance. Care should always be taken when lifting, pushing or pulling in an awkward position.