Descripción del Trabajo
Responsible for overall functional design and solution architecture as it relates to IT solutions. Leads the definition of technical strategy, standards, configurations & ensures feasibility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Assume the role of Solution Architect on complex and enterprise and divisional projects, primarily SAP S/4.
· Work with IT applications teams along with other internal and external partners to architect appropriate solutions that ensure Jabil’s requirements are met.
· Adopt existing and available solution designs to meet new business requirements.
· Provide guidance on alternative solutions available by researching and understanding options available via various current applications, their preferred partners, and other parties.
· Ability to work with all areas of IT and operations in an open and collaborative fashion - promoting a sense of common destiny.
· Ability to give and receive feedback in an unbiased manner, thus promoting the goals and objectives of the organization.
· Ability to take complex requirements and summarize the requirements via common business vernacular.
· Ability to make unbiased decisions after evaluating the pros and cons of multiple alternatives and then articulate the proposed solution in both technical and non-technical terminology.
· Ability to understand and explain the configuration options available within our systems.
· Provide insight, alternatives, and direction on how to improve Jabil’s operational and financial performance by better leveraging our system capabilities.
· Ability to understand multiple functional areas and the integration between those functional areas. This position specifically should have experience in SAP EWM, SAP PP, SAP QM, and SAP MM.
· Ability to write highly detailed position papers expressing and supporting the architectural solution being proposed.
· Ability to provide flow diagrams, entity relationships, mapping and table definitions for advanced design concept.
· Actively participate in the exchanging of ideas and information within the department and with the extended business community.
· Challenge fellow architects in order to ensure well thought out proposals are being presented.
· Demonstrate a commitment to customer service; anticipate, meet and exceed expectations by solving problems quickly and effectively; making customer issues a priority.
· Confer with reporting manager on complex or unusual situations.
· Exchange knowledge and information with other Jabil facilities to ensure best practices are shared throughout the Jabil organization.
· Ensure 100% adherence to all company policies and procedures (i.e. Health, Safety and Quality)
· Maintain discretion and confidentiality in all areas pertaining to data and proprietary information, whether internal to Jabil or customer specific.
· Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
· Maintain discretion and confidentiality in all areas pertaining to the IT systems.
· Understand and embrace the business and IT strategic direction.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Policy & Procedures
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
- Provide weekly communication forum for the exchange of ideas and information with the department.
- Organize verbal and written ideas clearly and use an appropriate business style.
- Ask questions; encourage input from staff.
- Assess communication style of individual team members and adapt own communication style accordingly.
May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Deep experience in architecting/solutioning IT applications for various business processes: Finance, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Quality, Logistics, and other business applications.
· Strong integration experience of various applications with SAP S/4 or other ERP’s required.
· Experience in following systems preferred: SAP S/4, SAP EWM, SAP MM, SAP PP, SAP QM, TM1, Kinaxis RapidResponse, etc. Experience with SAP PM, a bonus.
· Strong cross-functional experience: Thorough understanding of manufacturing processes, systems and applications across enterprise planning, supply chain and shop floor functions.
· Require strong experience in process improvements/efficiencies and leading such initiatives.
· Good Customer service skills as well as excellent communication skills – both verbal and written. Experience in building and making effective presentations to key business/IT stakeholders.
· Ability to follow written and verbal directions.
· Must possess analytical and project management skills.
· Solid understanding of ERP systems and business applications.
· Must have good training skills, active listening skills and basic trouble shooting skills.
· Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages.
· Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint), required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor's Degree required. Masters Degree preferred.
· Degree in relevant Business or Information Technology or Computer Science discipline preferred.
· 8 to 10 years experience in an enterprise level organization ($5B plus in size, multiple geographical locations).
· Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.