Descripción del Trabajo
- Build your career with Jabil! We challenge and empower you to make most of your talents, working with outstanding colleagues from diverse backgrounds who share your drive and passion to make Jabil grow!
We are looking for EHS Engineer with deep knowledge in Environmental field for:
Maintaining, implementing and developing the EHS Management System in all business process of company, namely:
Maintaining and developing 14001:2015 Standard:
- Assessment environmental aspects and impacts, implementation actions plans for minimizing them;
- Establishing Objectives, Targets and EH&S Management Programs;
- Establishing and implement local manual, procedures/instructions related to environmental requirements;
- To implement “best practice” in EH&S field;
- To hold internal and external EH&S audits/ Gemba walks;
- Maintaining the chemical management process;
- Communication with local authorities (licenses, permissions, inspections etc.);
- Communication with and control the performance of waste contractor.
Implementation of ISO 45001:2018 Standard:
- Performing of risk assessment for each work station and process;
- Establishing and implement local manual, procedures/instructions related to health & safety requirements;
- Communication with permanent subcontractors regarding safety issues and implementation the OH&S System which is covered subcontractors’ performance;
- Communication with PPE suppliers;
- Communication with local authorities (licenses, permissions, inspections etc.).
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree required;
- Degree in chemistry / biology, engineering/mechanical or chemical engineering or related discipline;
- Minimum of 3 years of related Health/Safety Engineering experience;
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Family Facilities Management Job Sub-Family Environmental Health & Safety
Reports to Environmental Health & Safety Manager
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Assists and counsels managers, safety council members and area coordinators.
· Evaluates the work environment from the stand point of ergonomics, machine guarding, and any other applicable regulations.
· Conducts/assists in audits, accident investigations, and trend analysis.
· Leads/participates in cross functional teams for EHS issue resolution or for new equipment/process approval.
· Provides consultation and assists with initiatives related to EHS projects and programs to include, but not limited to: maintaining
Plant's Hazard Communication Plan, OSHA industrial hygiene, Hearing Conservation & Respirator Training Programs and
other programs as required by local law.
· Supports corporate and insurance carrier studies.
· Assists in development of chemically safe work practices, institutes and revises lockout/tag-out procedures, confined
space/permit program and, process safety rule procedures.
· Meets requirements for emergency medical response for blood borne pathogens.
· Conducts safety audits, supports inspections & maintains OSHA or equivalent local regulatory required documentation.
· Provides consultation and oversight for the site hazardous waste management system including but not limited to establishing
training on proper labeling, handling, documentation and overall guidance to facilitate compliance with all applicable laws and
· May perform hazardous waste regulatory audits followed by issuing corrective action and even escalation for issues of non-
compliance with governmental regulations and Jabil policy when non-compliance is not addressed timely or for repeat offenses.
· Assists in finding dispositions for off-spec or recyclable, and reporting of hazardous materials. Follows “Approved Vendor List”
for e-scrap disposition service providers and may perform e-scrap contractor site audits.
· May assist site EHS professional in the development of hazardous incident procedures and trains site Subject Matter Expert’s
and employees on proper methods of response control and clean-up.
· Manages the development, implementation and maintenance of environmental and safety programs such as: management
systems requirements (ISO/EICC/OSHAS…etc), hazard communication, control of change, hazardous waste management,
reporting site key performance factors, Green House Gas data, chemical management systems and programs, personal protective
equipment, dangerous goods – hazardous materials management, emergency preparedness, regulatory reporting and data
· Maintains site environmental permits and complies with all reporting and permit application requirements under all related local
and regional laws and regulations.
· Performs facility tours and inspections of manufacturing operations, office, and shipping areas as well as the facility's grounds.
Ensures compliance with EHS policies including operating procedures and protective equipment requirements. Mentors sites for
the implementation of Global and Regional EHS initiatives.
· Coordinates with process engineering departments and operations management to review and revise process procedures,
chemicals and equipment. Works with process engineering to identify lower risk chemical and process alternatives to high risk
materials and processes. Evaluates site chemical management systems to assure all required elements required for robust
controls are in place to comply with regulations and mitigate to the best extent possible risk to employees, the environment and
· May be required to train other department employees to perform internal EHS management systems audits. May be required to
perform quality system audits to reciprocate for quality department audit service provided against EHS systems.
· Develops employee’s safety/environmental training and awareness programs. Audits site employee safety orientations,
hazardous communication training, hazardous materials management and emergency evacuation training for effectiveness and
records to meet Jabil, governmental and regulatory requirements.
· Performs gap analysis and internal audits against global EHS Policy.
May perform other tasks as assigned.