Descripción del Trabajo
Lead and drive Quality: Operational Performance above targets; Customer Satisfaction across the region; Establish Quality as a competitive advantage for the Jabil Core Healthcare division.
- Drive continuous improvement through the implementation of quality engineering projects, global capability program and quality mentoring within Jabil’s manufacturing operations.
- Responsibilities will be divided into 4 primary project categories: Deployment of Quality tools (Ex. RCCA/8D, AGR&R, FMEAs, etc) on active manufacturing projects, Customer driven quality improvement projects on the top pareto items, Global Product capability programs, Global Best practice
- Identify and implement new product capability improvement practices and processes that are “best in class.”
- Demonstrate a commitment to customer service; anticipate, meet, and exceed expectations by solving problems quickly and effectively; making customer issues a priority.
- Lead key customer quality improvement projects together with sector leaders
- Train manufacturing sites on both fundamental quality tools ( Root cause analysis, 3 Way 5 Why, 5 Ms, CAPA, FMEAs) and progressive tools ( tools within the Lean 6 Sigma family : MSA, DOEs,hypothesis testing, mistake proofing)
- Exchange knowledge and information with other Jabil facilities to ensure best practices are both shared and implemented throughout the Jabil organization.
- Mentor site quality managers
- Define and deploy the Quality Strategy across the region
- Deploy and use operational KPI’s, across the region, to monitor and manage the operational health of the manufacturing base
- Ensure & expect the effective use of all the Quality tools across process design, operational management and problem resolution
- Manage, drive, promote, expedite and report the deployment of Quality initiatives and best practices across the regional manufacturing base.
- Ensure operational quality objectives are met in the region.
- Drive Continuous Improvement mentality across all sites
- Oversee the effective response to Customers on all major Customer issues and escalations
- Provide reactive support to individual sites and Businesses in the event of Customer issues and escalations
- Participate in Customer-facing discussions on all aspects of product and process quality
Leadership and Communication:
- Mentor site quality mangers
- Create and manage a community of quality professionals and Subject Matter Experts
- Provide a path of escalation for all site Quality Managers and Quality teams
- Provide leadership within the regional Quality Management community
- Provide leadership within the regional Ops community
- Work synergistically with other Functional leads across all division and global teams
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Sciences, Engineering, or related technical area. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 15 years of experience in healthcare industry required of which 8 years in management.
- Director level experience preferred.
- Experience in successfully leading Quality Operations function in a multi-cultural and/or multi-site environment
- Proven experience implementing Quality Systems (i.e. ISO 13485, EU MDR, JPAL, 21 CFR 820)
- Experience in Matrix Management environment.
- External candidates with experience as a QM / QE in high volume, high mix industries.
- Experience in related and applicable manufacturing processes, such as PCBA, HLA, Injection molding, high speed automation.
- Lean Six Sigma experience preferred.
- Or a combination of education, experience, skills and/or training.
- Knowledge of Quality concepts (FMEA, AQP, Gage R&R, Cpk, 8D and/or DMAIC)
- Excellent Leadership and Communication Skills.
- Track record showing continual improvement of personal skills.
- Proficient and knowledgeable in medical device GMPs.
- Results-driven change agent.
- Ability to communicate in all media forms and cross-culturally
- Strong analytical and leadership skills
- Ability to influence all levels of the Jabil organization
- Professional manager
- Effective communicator
- Organizationally astute, but not politically motivated.
- Practices humility and influencing at any level within organization to achieve goals
- Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required.