Descripción del Trabajo
JOB SUMMARY – BUSINESS UNIT MANAGER
Develops and implements programs, projects or processes for an assigned customer account(s) (Business Unit). Develops and sponsors tactics to achieve strategic objectives across functional groups or within a business group through customer interaction. Influences strategic direction and develops tactical plans and completes complex assignments with minimal supervision or review. Provides comprehensive solutions to complex problems. End results are evaluated for achieving goals and objectives. Extensive contact with internal and external customers is required to obtain, clarify or provide facts and information.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The Business Unit Manager is a member of the plant strategic leadership team.
- Establishes and manages current customer relationships, striving to capitalize on organic revenue growth opportunities.
- Demonstrates an entrepreneurial spirit and drive.
- Full responsibility for a customer/site Profit & Loss (P&L) statement (generally in a single site).
- Responsible for the Request for Proposal (RFP) process for assigned customer accounts. May support RFP processes for other accounts.
- The Business Unit Manager is the leader of the workcell and is accountable for the operational and financial performance of that workcell.
- Manages the performance, developments, and rewards for direct reports. Indirectly manages work of others through Jabil’s Workcell business model.
- Pricing (i.e. materials and value-add).
- Full responsibility for continuous improvement of customer relationship performance metrics and customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for tactical execution of established contract terms.
- Manages and drives the Quarterly Business Review (QBR) process with assigned customer account.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Typically reports to Management. Direct supervisor job title(s) typically include: Senior Business Unit Manager or Business Unit Director
- Job is directly responsible for managing employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management). Job title example(s) of employees directly supervised: Business Unit Coordinators; BD Project/Program Managers; Customer Service Administrators
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong financial skill knowledge and aptitude (e.g. balance sheet and income statement)
- Strong operational knowledge (e.g., manufacturing, supply chain)
- Jabil tools (Financial system, quote process, etc.)
- Contract knowledge fundamentals
- Leadership/people-management skills
- Strong customer service skills and experience
- Strong knowledge of global and regional logistics operations and industry.
- Strong proficiency in determining logistics requirements to enable company’s business goals and objectives with ability to devise and implement strategy to achieve targets.
- Strong financial and analytical ability. Proficiency in managing business analytics to determine optimum company footprint.
- Strong knowledge of international direct and indirect taxes as well as global customs regimes.
- Proven track record of successful change management accomplishments, implementing and management continuous productivity and cost reduction programs.
- Strong and convincing communication skills.
- Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's Degree required. Masters Degree preferred.
- Degree in Engineering, Finance/Accounting, or Business Management preferred.
- 5+ years Automotive / Electronics Manufacturing experience required, preferably in Financial or Manufacturing Operations fields.
- Previous Business Unit Manager (or equivalent job) work experience preferred
- English proficiency is a must; German/French proficiency preferred