Descripción del Trabajo
Monitor the quality and efficiency performance for assigned manufacturing line(s). Drive continuous improvement through process development, root cause analysis and systematic problem solving; utilize data from CAC, TIC, and QIC and other sources as appropriate.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Continually strive to balance and optimize line throughput, including efforts to minimize changeover downtime (i.e. common set-ups).
- Monitor machine management data in order to maximize utilization and minimize machine-generated scrap.
Provide input on creative ways to reduce costs by streamlining processes and systems.
- May develop SOP’s, operations and maintenance manuals.
- Assists manufacturing in trouble-shooting problems, upgrades, retrofits, set-ups, methods development, and the development of process parameters
- Design and / or procure production tooling, including equipment and/or product-specific fixtures and jigs.
- Coordinate line reconfigurations and machine move activities, including equipment arrival, positioning and installation, and scheduling of support groups (Machine Support, Facilities, , etc.) using the approved communication process
- Verify that machine maintenance is performed as scheduled on assigned line(s).
- Encourage open communication and exchange of information within the M.E. department and between the various support groups.
- Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
- Assists in developing requirement specifications, system concepts, CAD generated machine layouts, detail drawings, BOM’s and budgets. Makes layouts of basic assemblies and details of parts of devices, mechanisms and structures.
- Assists in providing customer product design engineering for economic production; may participate in meetings with customers.
Bachelor’s degree preferred; and one to two years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Packaging Experience a plus
- Background in manual or automated machining is preferred.
- Background in gauging, gauging techniques, geometric dimensioning & tolerancing (GD&T) is preferred.
- Understands processes and has a basic understanding of various manufacturing techniques
- Basic knowledge of engineering theories, design principles and practices, and design evaluation techniques.
- Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required.
The anticipated pay range for this role is $42,754 - $61,957 - $81,159. Job-related, non-discriminatory factors used to determine the actual offered rate include qualifications and experience, geographic location, education, external market data, and consideration of internal equity.
As part of the total rewards package, this position is eligible for a short-term incentive based on performance. In addition, Jabil offers benefits to enhance your health, wealth and resilient self. These include medical, dental, and vision insurance plans; 401(k) retirement plan and employee stock purpose plan; and paid time off.