Descripción del Trabajo
Entry-level debug technician/programmer. Responsible for maintaining and improving the Functional Verification Test process and associated equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Able to diagnose and repair electronic circuit boards to component level.
· Exhibit proficiency in the use of electronic test and measurement equipment.
· Should have a working knowledge of network hierarchies and configuration techniques.
· Ability to understand and utilize assembly documentation such as but not limited to the following; Schematics, BOM’s, Visuals, Testing tools and procedures.
· Increase production yields by understanding and reducing operator errors and driving manufacturing and test engineering defects back to the appropriate department.
· Assist Test Engineering department in an ongoing data evaluation program for improving the efficiency of the diagnostic technicians.
· Understand, recognize and execute Jabil production requirements, rules, policies and procedures ensuring compliance of WIP and 3-5 rules.
· Utilize TE Tracking forms to document fixture down time and product defects.
· Ensures that all up-rev’s, Deviations and Engineering Changes are implemented and validated.
· Work efficiently to decrease non-preventative maintenance issues to achieve department’s downtime goals.
· Frequent customer interface, including travel to customer sites to advance product understanding and diagnostic capability.
· Analyze daily process yield reports that shall include but not limited to the following: Test escapes, operator errors, defective product, test equipment/test defects, RMA product defects and drive corrective actions.
· Assist Test Engineer in developing preventative maintenance program and assure compliance to reduce downtime and increase process yields throughout the process.
· Proactively look for ways to reduce Test downtime.
· Ensure product testing completeness and reliability.
· Generate and update documentation as required.
· Understands and is able to perform all Function Verification Tests in their area of responsibility.
· Ensure quality (work meets or exceeds Jabil Workmanship Standards) and improve efficiency.
· Responsible for maintaining a continuous flow of the manufacturing line and meeting production goals while performing the assigned test duties.
· Advise supervisor of any recurring test or operator failure so that prompt corrective action may be taken.
· Ensure assemblies are properly handled and marked.
· Ability to work with limited supervision. Must be highly self-motivated and a team performer.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Provide clear direction for Test operators.
· Advise on scheduling and staffing needs.
· Complies with all 5S standards.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
· Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
· Ability to operate a personal computer including using a Windows based operating system and related software.
· Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages.
· Ability to write simple correspondence. Read and understand visual aid.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions.
· Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
· Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
· Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Associates of Science in Electronics or Electrical Engineering, programming language experience preferred.
· One to three years relevant experience in a manufacturing environment.
· Must have electronics background including component level troubleshooting skills.
· Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Read and understand visual aid. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Must be able to calculate quantity of parts to be prepped and ready for use at any time. Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Individual may be required to sit, stand or walk. Reaching, bending, loading, and unloading of boards and reels is mandatory, as is lifting of up to 35 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and use of microscope and/or magnifying glass.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Individual’s primary workstation is located on the manufacturing floor. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
Successful applicants will have to fulfill all prerequisites for contracts. Certain position may require US Citizenship.
Jabil is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by law.