Descripción del Trabajo
Working under limited supervision, performs a variety of semi-routine assignments by following established procedures. Is able to recognize the occasional need to deviate from accepted practice to resolve problem.
$1,500 Sign-on bonus offered to eligible new hires. Pay rate for this role starts at $27.50/hr.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Applies substantial understanding of the job, knowledge and skill to complete a wide range of tasks. Receives little work instruction on daily work and general instructions on newly introduced assignments.
- Troubleshoot to determine problems in non-functioning electro-mechanical equipment used in the manufacturing process.
- Dismantle, adjusts, repairs and assembles equipment according to layout plans, blueprints, operating or repair manual, rough sketches or drawings/schematics.
- Uses test and diagnostic equipment to perform checkouts.
- Rebuilds manufacturing equipment as required.
- Perform scheduled preventive maintenance. Document maintenance as per program designation.
- Calibrate equipment using general and special purpose test equipment.
- Communicates with equipment suppliers regarding the repair of equipment.
- Maintain sufficient data to develop process improvement initiatives.
- May assist in the development of work procedures.
- May be required to source and purchase equipment parts.
- May maintain and store backup information for all critical production equipment software systems.
- May make recommendations regarding new or replacement equipment.
- May train employees in operation of machinery.
- May be required to work overtime or be on-call.
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Knowledge of company policies and procedures to complete assigned tasks.
- Must be able to read, write and communicate in English. Must be able to effectively communicate with technical support services.
- Broad knowledge and troubleshooting capability with various electro-mechanical equipment in a manufacturing environment typically gained through extensive experience.
- Use of basic and special purpose hand tools, leveling instruments, and test/calibration equipment.
- Must be able to troubleshoot all failures that are detectable at the IO level.
- Understanding of electronic color codes and other component value markings.
- Understanding of safety practices requirements.
- Solid knowledge of specialized maintenance tracking programs.
- Use of specialized maintenance tracking programs.
- Associates degree in electronics with emphasis in servo positioning theory or equivalent discipline.
- Five (5) to eight (8) years prior work experience in electro-mechanical equipment in a manufacturing environment required.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
The anticipated hourly pay range for this role is $15.80 - $22.91 - $30.00. Job-related, non-discriminatory factors used to determine the actual offered rate include qualifications and experience, education (if requirement noted above), geographic location, external market data, and consideration of internal equity.
As part of the total rewards package, this position is eligible for a short-term incentive based on performance. In addition, Jabil offers benefits to enhance your health, wealth and resilient self. These include medical, dental, and vision insurance plans; 401(k) retirement plan and employee stock purpose plan; and paid time off.