Descripción del Trabajo
The Technical Business Unit Coordinator manages the alignment of assigned customer’s technology road map and Jabil’s Technology road map. This role works independently and leads large scale projects/programs for designated client(s), as well as provides management and guidance to multi-functional project teams.
This role is a single-point-of-contact to the customer for all project related activities while managing and enhancing customer relationships with technical peers. The Technical Business Unit Coordinator provides full accountability for project budgets and schedules and develops, manages and delivers complex projects typically related to quality assurance, systems, process, manufacturing operations, etc. to achieve internal and external customer satisfaction. This includes developing complex SOW, business proposals, project schedules/financials, and managing multiple global projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Responsible for management of key projects or for multiple, related projects / programs aligned with an assigned Business Unit’s strategy.
· Manages key customer programs less P&L responsibility.
· Provides customer with Jabil point of contact and interface.
· Works with internal and external customers to provide excellent customer satisfaction and exceed customer expectations.
· Leads and implements specific programs both internal and external to Jabil that span functions, organizations,
geographic regions and cultures.
· Present and sell Jabil’s Technology Solutions to assigned customer(s) or program(s). Must be professional and comfortable doing presentations to external senior level engineers and managers.
· Develop BU’s technical direction in alignment with the BU’s overall strategic direction.
· Handle project management duties such as, Program Ownership & Planning, Technology Challenges & Targets, Quote Management, Cost Analysis & Value Engineering, Program Kick Off and follow-up, Project Tracking & Mile-Stone Management, Tooling Management, Build & Capacity Management, Reporting
· Accountable for overall project success; including cost, schedule, quality and scope management.
· Responsible for customer satisfaction both internally and externally.
· Responsible for overall communication both internally and externally
· Ensure all sensitive and confidential information is handled appropriately.
· Identify creative ways to reduce cost by streamlining processes and systems (i.e. modification of responsibilities or consolidation of tasks, elimination of non-value-added processes, or complete re-engineering of processes and systems).
· Determine and develop customer requirements, needs and desires to best apply Jabil’s services
· Work with BUD’s/BUM’s to target new opportunities with current or new customers.
· Support business development activities: quotes, customer visits, etc.
· Translate business requirements and specifications originating in the business unit or from the customer.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Broad manufacturing knowledge (i.e. materials, processes, test, logistics)
· Jabil tools (Financial system, quote process, etc.)
· Strong Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) skills
· Fundamental knowledge of cost accounting principles
· Demonstrate a commitment to customer service; anticipate, meet, and exceed expectations by solving problems quickly and effectively; making customer issues a priority.
· Demonstrates knowledge and skill in leading and directing project teams and in delivering project results within the constraints of schedule, budget and resources.
· Knows and understands the assigned Business Unit (BU)’s strategic directions.
· Strong Supply Chain Management skills
· Strong project and/or program management skills
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
· Ability to effectively present information to senior management and/or customer technical and business personnel.
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
· Ability to operate a personal computer including using a Windows based operating system and related software.
· Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages.
· Ability to write simple correspondence. Read and understand visual aid.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions.
· Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
· Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
· Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.