Descripción del Trabajo
Plans, directs, and coordinates the operations of productions, machinery, processing, and packaging departments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
Recruitment and Retention:
· Recruit, interview and hire Manufacturing Supervisors and Group Leads.
· Communicate criteria to recruiters for position candidates.
· Coach Manufacturing Supervisors and Group Leads in the interviewing/hiring process.
· Monitor team member turnover; identify key factors that can be improved; make improvements.
· Manage the hiring activities as per workcell business forecast outlook
Employee and Team Development:
· Identify individual and team strengths and development needs on an ongoing basis.
· Create and/or validate training curriculum in area of responsibility.
· Coach and mentor Manufacturing Supervisors and Group Leads to deliver excellence to every internal and external customer.
· Create and manage succession plans for Manufacturing Supervisors and Group Leads
· Establish clear measurable goals and objectives by which to determine individual and team results (i.e. operational metrics, results against project timelines, training documentation, attendance records, knowledge of operational roles and responsibilities, personal development goals).
· Solicit ongoing feedback from Workcell members, Business Unit Manager (BUM), and Manufacturing Manager on Manufacturing Manager’s contribution to the team. Provide ongoing coaching and counseling to Manufacturing Manager based on feedback.
· Express pride in staff and encourage them to feel good about their accomplishments.
· Perform team member evaluations professionally and on time.
· Drive individuals and the team to continuously improve in key operational metrics and the achievement of the organizational goals.
· Coordinate activities of large teams and keep them focused in times of crises.
· Ensure recognition and rewards are managed fairly and consistently in area of responsibility.
· Provide communication forum for the exchange of ideas and information with the department.
· Organize verbal and written ideas clearly and use an appropriate business style.
· Ask questions; encourage input from team members.
· Assess communication style of individual team members and adapt own communication style accordingly.
WORKCELL MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
Business Strategy and Direction:
· Know and understand the campus strategic directions.
· Define, develop and implement a Manufacturing strategy, which contributes to the campus strategic directions.
· Provide regular updates to Manufacturing and Workcell Manager on the execution of the strategy.
· Report best practices within work cell to Peers, to drive campus wide improvements.
· Identify creative ways to reduce cost by streamlining processes and systems (i.e. modification of responsibilities or consolidation of tasks, elimination of non-value-added processes, or complete re-engineering of processes and systems).
· Utilize tools to monitor departmental cost and cost trends, striving continuously to improve value.
· Provide feedback to BUMs, WCMs, Functional Counter parts on cost and cost trends.
TECHNICAL MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
· Drive continuous improvement through trend reporting analysis and metrics management.
· Assess the adequacy of data gathering methods utilized by the workcells.
· Assure that procedures and work instructions are efficient and not redundant.
· Offer new ideas and suggestions for improvement. Identify and implement new practices and processes that are “best in field.”
· Demonstrate a commitment to customer service; anticipate, meet, and exceed expectations by solving problems quickly and effectively; making customer issues a priority.
· Periodically “get down in the trenches” to rehabilitate troubled workcells or to help during product launch. Foster a “back to basics” mentality during these times. Lead by example; “Walk the talk.”
· Establish new measurement systems if/where appropriate.
· Exchange knowledge and information with other Jabil facilities to ensure best practices are shared throughout the Jabil organization.
· Ensure 100% adherence to all company policies and procedures (i.e. Health and Safety, Quality).
· Ensure all sensitive and confidential information is handled appropriately.
· Ability to read, analyze, interpret and communicate regarding common scientific and/or technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents
· Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
· Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
· Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
· Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
· Take ownership of relevant manufacturing pieces of JOS tools like QRQC & LPA as applicable to workcell
· Ability to read, analyze, interpret and communicate regarding common scientific and/or technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to top management and public groups. Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages.
· Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
· Reasonable skills in Excel, Power point and word
· Should be able to create and understand spread sheets with filters, Pivot table and medium complexity charts
· Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
· The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Ability to work effectively under pressure with constantly changing priorities and deadlines. Individual may be required to sit, stand, walk regularly and occasionally lift 0-15 lbs. Be accessible to production floor and office staff and to use required office equipment. Specific vision requirements include reading of written documents and use of computer monitor screen frequently.
· The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Individual’s primary workstation is located in the office area, where the noise level is low. Team member may frequently be present on the manufacturing floor where the noise level is low to moderate.