Descripción del Trabajo
The Director of Quality is responsible for ensuring Quality excellence across each of Jabil’s Manufacturing facilities. The Director is defined as the “architect” of Jabil’s business processes and systems, which is designed to deliver superior performance and operational efficiency.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
Recruitment and Retention:
· Recruit, interview and hire Corporate Quality Operations Development team members.
· Communicate criteria to recruiters for position candidates.
· Monitor team member turnover; identify key factors that can be improved; make improvements.
Employee and Team Development:
· Identify individual and team strengths and development needs on an ongoing basis.
· Create and/or validate training curriculum in area of responsibility.
· Coach and mentor Corporate Quality Operations Development staff to deliver excellence to every internal and external customer.
· Create and manage succession plans for Corporate Quality Operations Development functions.
· Establish clear measurable goals and objectives by which to determine individual and team results (i.e. operational metrics, results against project timelines, training documentation, attendance records, knowledge of operational roles and responsibilities, personal development goals).
· Solicit ongoing feedback from Workcell Managers (WCMs), Business Unit Managers (BUMs), peers and team members on Corporate Quality Operations Development team. Provide ongoing coaching and counseling to team members based on feedback.
· Express pride in staff and encourage them to feel good about their accomplishments.
· Perform team member evaluations professionally and on time.
· Drive individuals and the team to continuously improve in key operational metrics and the achievement of the organizational goals.
· Coordinate activities of large teams and keep them focused in times of crises.
· Ensure recognition and rewards are managed fairly and consistently in area of responsibility.
· Provide communication forum for the exchange of ideas and information with the department.
· Organize verbal and written ideas clearly and use an appropriate business style.
· Ask questions; encourage input from team members.
· Communicate your group’s goals and needs clearly, and on a regular basis, to your team members. Make their roles and responsibilities clear.
· Assess communication style of individual team members and adapt own communication style accordingly.
FUNCTIONAL MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
Business Strategy and Direction:
· Know and understand the strategic directions of the Corporate Quality Operations Development department, the business development team, and Jabil Circuit.
· Define, develop and implement Corporate Quality Operations Development strategies which contribute to business development
and Jabil Circuit’s strategic directions.
· Develop an understanding of the Workcell business strategy as it pertains to Corporate Quality Operations Development.
· Provide regular updates to the Sr VP Strategic Operations, Jabil executives, and business development team on the execution of the strategy.
· Identify creative ways to reduce cost by streamlining processes and systems (i.e. modification of responsibilities or consolidation of tasks, elimination of non-value-added processes, or complete re-engineering of processes and systems).
· Utilize tools to monitor departmental cost and cost trends, striving continuously to improve value.
· Provide feedback to peers and Sr VP Strategic Operations on cost and cost trends.
· Ensure team projects deliver as much tangible value as possible to Jabil Circuit, its workcells, customers and business development teams, within your budget limitations.
Forecast Development and Accuracy:
· Prepare timely forecasts for the department.
· Compare forward forecast results to historical actual results for trend assessment and analysis.
TECHNICAL MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
Process & Tool Definition and Development:
· Define the most efficient processes and tools, which support Jabil’s business.
· Co-ordinate plant input to tool set requirements.
· Prioritize initiatives and create implementation plans in conjunction with corporate IT.
· Develop supporting metrics for business processes.
· Develop functional Assessment checklists.
Cookbook/Jabil University Curriculum Development:
· Develop and document cookbook and reference material.
· Create, deliver, and evaluate educational material in conjunction with Jabil U to Functional Managers.
· Provide education / coaching to Regional and Plant Level Management.
· Facilitate worldwide meetings with Plant Functional Managers.
· Co-ordinate global initiatives and facilitate the sharing of best practices.
· Analyze upward feedback / drive into Best Practice where appropriate.
Critical focus areas:
· Drive a Quality 1st mentality within the Organization.
· Drive a continuous improvement mentality within the Organization.
· Have a thorough understanding and proven experience in manufacturing processes, tools and systems.
· Maintain a thorough understanding of latest tool techniques and processes, and promote “Best Practices” within the organization.
· Communicate knowledge effectively to all levels of the organization.
· Assure that procedures are efficient and work instructions are clear.
· Assure that your group’s tangible deliverables include useful tools, clearly presented, and professionally packaged for use by internal and external Jabil customers.
· Establish new systems if/where possible.
· Exchange knowledge and documentation with Jabil facilities worldwide to ensure information is shared throughout the Jabil organization.
· Offer new ideas and suggestions for improvement. Identify and implement new practices and processes.
· Demonstrate a commitment to customer service; anticipate, meet, and exceed expectations by solving problems quickly and effectively; making customer issues a priority.
· Lead by example; “walk the talk.”
· Periodically “get down in the trenches”; show support to workcells, customers, and Jabil business development.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
· Manage the procurement of department equipment.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Ability to read, analyze, interpret and communicate regarding scientific and/or technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
· Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
· Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
· Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages.
· Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
· Ability to apply concepts of algebra and geometry.
· Highly skilled and practiced at working with higher mathematical concepts, with probability and statistical inference, the fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
· Expertise in applying concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
· Advanced skills at budget creation, forecasting and budgetary adherence.
· Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
· Ability to write and/or interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
· Advanced troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
· Ability to look at market demands and trends, technology information and projections, and forecast advanced quality technology needs a minimum of 1-2 years forward.
· Strong knowledge of global and regional logistics operations and industry.
· Strong proficiency in determining logistics requirements to enable company’s business goals and objectives with ability to devise and implement strategy to achieve targets.
· Strong financial and analytical ability. Proficiency in managing business analytics to determine optimum company footprint.
· Strong knowledge of international direct and indirect taxes as well as global customs regimes.
· Proven track record of successful change management accomplishments, implementing and management continuous productivity and cost reduction programs.
· Strong and convincing communication skills.
· Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor’s degree in Operations Management preferred.
· Eight years manufacturing experience, including two years in management.
· Or a combination of education, experience and/or training.