Descripción del Trabajo
The role of Test Development Engineer is to support Manufacturing Test System Development activities/ Projects and system deployment to JGP factories to meet company business activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Responsible for the design and development of test solution in terms of hardware design and software coding for manufacturing test.
- Understand customer test specification and test requirement.
- Read and understand product design schematics and circuit diagram and identify/proposed measurement point and test point.
- Identify and select suitable test equipment for product electrical measurement.
- Ability to design electronic circuit and source for electronics components for use to interface with product during testing.
- Perform system integration and debug and conduct system repeatability study and optimisation.
- Brainstorm and provide ideas, suggestions and solution to the various approach of testing a product.
- Responsible for project deployment into production and support activities.
- Ability to setup and debug test system timely for pilot builds.
- Ability to support factory pilot build, identify issues lists and track to closure.
- Assist factory in identifying and rectifying test system related technical issues during mass productions.
- Ability to identify and resolve issues efficiently.
- Ability to manage risk and escalate to management team if necessary.
2. Interacting with teams
- Able to work effectively within different cross-functional teams within the company.
- Able to communicate and co-work with customers and internal team on test requirement and test system design.
- Attend weekly project conference call with customer and cross-functional team from factory.
- Provide timely update on factory manufacturing test activities and project status.
3. Traveling and onsite support
- Able to travel (when condition permits) both in Asia and USA during project pilot build and ad-hoc issue resolution.
- Converse, read and write fluently in English and Mandarin as the role required to communicate and liaise with China counterpart/ supplier).
- Ability to communicate clearly to cross-functional team within Jabil and external customer/vendors.
- Response professionally/Technically to common inquiries from customers.
- Effectively present information to internal teams and management and is a good team player.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor Degree/Msc in Electronics Engineering or equivalent.
- 5-8 years of working experience on test engineering, test development, or equivalent working experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Test and measurement instrumentation exposure and experience in software development for remote equipment control is required.
- Possess some software coding experience. C#, C++, linux and script programming skill.
- knowledge in LabVIEW will be an advantage
- Good technical and analytical skill with ability to perform electronic system debug effectively
- Experience in mobile phone manufacturing test development, RF and wireless test, will be an advantage.
- Experience in consumer product audio and optical modules testing will also be an advantage.
- Knowledge in micro-Controller programming, Android, iOS programming will be an advantage.
- knowledge in RF Antenna test will be an advantage