Descripción del Trabajo
Responsible for inspecting products at various stages of the production process to maintain quality and reliability of products in accordance with required quality plans. Work with Quality Supervisor/Manager, Shift Supervisor, and other Inspectors as well as manufacturing personnel to maintain quality conformance on all parts. Use various measuring devices to ensure compliance with specifications. Accepts, rejects, or reworks defective or malfunctioning parts. May perform visual, dimensional, mechanical, precision mechanical, functional, or electrical inspection of parts, assemblies, or final product in all stages of the production process (incoming, in-process and final inspection).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Under general supervision, performs visual, mechanical, dimensional, or functional inspection of raw materials, parts, assemblies, or final product in the production & assembly process.
- Performs inspection tasks involving the use of a wide variety of test instruments, precision measuring devices and electronic equipment to ensure compliance of parts and product with established specifications.
- Works from written and verbal instructions, procedures, blueprints, diagrams, statistical processes, or other control procedures. Select products for inspection at specified stages in production process and performs visual inspection for variety of defects such as splay, contamination, gross flash, non-fills, short shots, color variation, voids, and grease/oil. Verifies packaging quality and integrity.
- Responsible for reviewing device history records (DHR) for completeness and accuracy.
- Identifies workmanship and material defects. Determines acceptability and identifies and recommends disposition of defective items in accordance with established procedures, referring only exception cases to the Quality Supervisor.
- Perform label verifications.
- Record all start up in-process inspection results and maintain ongoing verbal and written communications with other inspectors, packers, operators, molding technicians, and supervisors to ensure product quality.
- Maintains required documentation and records. Responsible for process documentation verification (cycle checklists, lot change summary, line clearance, etc.).
- Notify appropriate plant employees and request technical support when appropriate.
- Performs bar code transactions using Nypro Worldwide Bar Code System.
- Conducts, documents, and reports on process audits of assembly/molding processes including cart audits and warehouse audits.
- May be asked to handle requests such as process capability studies, first article inspections, protocols, validations, collecting and sorting product sample requests and other special inspections.
- Supports all company safety and quality programs and initiatives.
- Other responsibilities may be assigned from time to time as needed, based on the evolution of the company and the requirements of the department/position.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- High School degree or GED certificate and some experience in injection molding, precision metrology, machine shop operations or similar industry/environment.
- Moderate physical effort involving lifting of boxes.
- Must have visual acuity of at least corrected 20/40 near vision with both eyes. May have mild deficiency or better in color vision.
- Ability to read and write English and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Requires use of simple arithmetic (addition, multiplication, calculate averages), fixed and adjustable measuring instruments, simple use of charts, maintaining and understand records.