Descripción del Trabajo
The Manager Program Management assists in the management and direction of activities in the Program Management function. Supports company-wide programs through subordinate supervisors and/or employees. This role helps drive the implementation of program management strategies, ensuring customer satisfaction and program success.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Support activities of the Program Management function.
· Identify, hire and train Program Managers as well as advise subordinates in the more complex phases of their work.
· Monitors resources and assists with coordinating the work flow of each Program Manager.
· Manages the delivery of quality products on time, within budget and with competitive features.
· Oversees the progress and activities of one or more Program Teams, issuing a monthly report, managing individual programs on an as needed basis.
· Communicates with key customers to understand their needs, preferences, and perspectives. Ensures that the customer’s perspective is fully considered in the course of development of programs.
· Leads a team to achieve timely, within budget results, with products and processes that meet or exceed requirements.
· Clearly articulates program status to senior management and develops creative approaches to address program challenges.
· Establishes project strategy, executes the plan and measures results.
· Leads project planning and commitment process.
· Provides valuable input to senior management on making decisions regarding the appropriate risk when there is substantial program impact.
· Maintains project transparency through formal, written communications and reporting status systems.
· Anticipates opportunities for proactive solutions. Manage conflict situations to result in win-win outcomes.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Project Management Professional (PMP) or equivalent certification required
· Knowledge of organization’s operating policies and procedures required
· Expert knowledge of organization’s culture and guiding principles
· Previous experience in manufacturing environment
· Prior experience in customer interface
· Strong operational and financial knowledge required
· Substantial knowledge of Jabil and demonstrated ability to leverage organization
· Consultative skills (ability to understand true customer needs)
· Good communications skills
· Distinctive problem solving leader
· Demonstrated team leadership capabilities
· Should have the following personal characteristics: strong leader, professional, hard-charging, detail-oriented, reliable, calm under fire, creative, with a can-do attitude.
· Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor’s degree required (Mechanical or Plastics Engineering or related discipline preferred)
· Minimum 5-7 years work-related experience required in a supervisory/management role and
· Minimum 3 years project management experience within a manufacturing, development or research environment preferred
· Or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience.