Descripción del Trabajo
The purpose of the position is to assist in the overall management of Automation Design initiatives. The Automation Engineering Manager manages and oversees various automation engineering projects, and staff. Position acts as liaison to sites, and customers for project requirements, specification, plan and installation. Position ensures stipulated specification and requirements are met, and delivered within budget and on time. Position garners team contributions in the execution and implementation of project goals, and supports the Senior Manager of Automation in proliferation of projects and equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Manages automation projects to meet delivery timeline and budget.
· Manages a group of project managers and project engineers.
· Liaise with sites / customers on project requirement, specification, and time line.
· Leads the team to review, understand and interpret requirements/specification correctly and transform all of these into design.
· Reviews all quotes prepared on internal quote system.
· Responsible for the P & L of individual project, ensure project deadline and budget is met.
· Ensure all engineering times are logged into tracking systems and corresponds to projects.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Knowledge of electronics industries processes.
· Expert knowledge and skill in project management.
· Advanced knowledge of EMS industries.
· Advanced knowledge of automation design and installation.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· B.Sc. in Mechanical or Electronics/Electrical Engineering
· Minimum 8-10 years of working experiences in project management for automation equipment
· Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.