Descripción del Trabajo
Lead team to manage the inventory levels of new product qualifications, pre-pilot and portions of the pilot assemblies associated with SMT and/or DF activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
Recruitment and Retention:
· Recruit, interview and hire NPI personnel.
· Communicate criteria to recruiters for NPI position candidates.
· Monitor team member turnover; identify key factors that can be improved; make improvements.
Employee and Team Development:
· Identify individual and team strengths and development needs on an ongoing basis.
· Create and/or validate training curriculum in area of responsibility.
· Establish clear measurable goals and objectives by which to determine individual and team results (i.e. operational metrics, results against project timelines, training documentation, attendance records, knowledge of operational roles and responsibilities, personal development goals).
· Solicit ongoing feedback from Workcell members, Business Unit Manager (BUM), and Manufacturing Manager on NPI personnel’s contribution to the team. Provide ongoing coaching and counseling to NPI staff based on feedback.
· Express pride in staff and encourage them to feel good about their accomplishments.
· Perform team member evaluations professionally and on time.
· Drive individuals and the team to continuously improve in key operational metrics and the achievement of the organizational goals.
· Coordinate activities of large teams and keep them focused in times of crises.
· Ensure recognition and rewards are managed fairly and consistently in area of responsibility.
· Provide communication forum for the exchange of ideas and information with the department.
· Organize verbal and written ideas clearly and use an appropriate business style.
· Ask questions; encourage input from team members.
· Assess communication style of individual team members and adapt own communication style accordingly.
Business Strategy and Direction:
· Know and understand the campus strategic directions.
· Define, develop and implement a NPI strategy, which contributes to the campus strategic directions.
· Provide regular updates to Manufacturing Manager and Business Unit Manager on the execution of the strategy.
· Compare forward forecast results to historical actual results for trend assessment and analysis.
· Identify creative ways to reduce cost by streamlining processes and systems (i.e. modification of responsibilities or consolidation of tasks, elimination of non-value-added processes, or complete re-engineering of processes and systems).
· Utilize tools to monitor departmental cost and cost trends, striving continuously to improve value.
· Provide feedback to BUMs, WCMs, Functional Managers (FMs) on cost and cost trends.
TECHNICAL MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
· Confer with management personnel to establish production and quality control standards and to obtain data regarding types, quantities, specifications, and delivery dates of products ordered.
· Supervise NPI activities and assists in establishing production priorities for products in keeping with effective operations and cost factors.
· Verify that only current, accurate and authorized documentation is available to production.
· Monitor material under evolution on production floor, stockroom and in transit.
· Communicate frequently with the customer regarding all aspects of builds.
· Work with the ORT, test, planning and production teams in order to establish customer priorities in order to meet customer approval for products under evaluation and meet productions needs while keeping an effective daily operations.
· Coordinate production activities with procurement, maintenance, and quality control activities to obtain optimum production, and utilization of human resources, machines, and equipment.
· Review and analyze production, quality control, maintenance, and operational reports to determine causes of nonconformity with product specifications, and operating or production problems.
· Develop and implement operating methods and procedures designed to eliminate operating problems and improve product quality.
· Consult with engineering personnel relative to modification of machines and equipment in order to improve production and quality products.
· Monitor yield information in order to recommend our customer course of action with the product under evaluation
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred, and one to two years experience in a manufacturing supervisory role; or equivalent combination of education and experience.