Descripción del Trabajo
The SC Program Manager II serves as the single point of contact for all aspects of Supply Chain activities for assigned design initiatives. This person, in conjunction with other assigned SCPM's, is responsible for all the Supply Chain deliverables identified in the Product Creation Process (PCP). This position includes situational analysis, strategy development, guidance and implementation for the functional disciplines of supply chain development, procurement, and logistics. These strategies should support the individual program's needs and be complementary to Jabil's overall Supply Chain Management goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Responsible for all the Supply Chain deliverables identified in the Product Creation Process (PCP)
· Performs situational analysis, strategy development, guidance and implementation for the functional disciplines of supply chain development, procurement, and logistics
· Performs Design For Manufacturability (DFM) reviews prior to design release for a variety of custom engineered applications.
· Performs cost estimating on a variety of custom engineered materials (sheet metal, stage/progressive die, machining, plastic injected molded) along with estimating applicable tool costs.
· In collaboration with mechanical design engineers, determines the most cost effective manufacturing process for a variety of custom mechanical applications.
· Performs on-site supplier evaluations to determine supplier manufacturing capability to support various custom mechanical manufacturing processes.
· Coordinates Supply Chain activities for all phases of PCP execution. Clearly and regularly communicate the program's needs to Commodity Management, Program Management, and the Business Unit to ensure that Jabil provides supply chain solutions that foster success
· Manages the periodic materials quotation activities for relative Commodities. Assist in executing the RFQ as appropriate for the program.
· Identifies and facilitates the qualification of new, alternate and/or localized suppliers for key applicable needs relative to program requirements
· Negotiates favorable pricing, payment terms, and advanced supply chain optimization programs such as supplier-owned inventory, Just-in-Time delivery schedules, reduced lead times and cancellation terms, return privileges, and EDI/SIS demand communication with key suppliers falling outside JABIL'S strategic supplier base
· In collaboration with Commodity Management, leads the effort to obtain full commodity and sourcing control of BOM and AVL in the design phase
· Through early design involvement and qualification of alternate suppliers on existing products, promotes the use of Jabil's Strategic Suppliers
· Executes Jabil's Early Supplier Involvement program
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Knowledge or experience working with budgets as well as project management skills including scheduling and resource allocation forecasting.
· Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages.
· Proficient knowledge of various software applications including Pro-Engineer, Solid Works, Microsoft Project, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Visio.
· Ability to read, analyze, interpret and communicate regarding common scientific and/or technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
· Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
· Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors. Ability to read and speak English.
· Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
· Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Experienced in Front End SEMI