Descripción del Trabajo
Inspects and measures incoming material to ensure conformance to part specification list in accordance with IPC-A-600 & IPC-J-STD-001. Measures critical to quality characteristics of incoming material using various mechanical and electronic measuring tools Inspects and measures incoming material to assure conformance to part specification list. Works under general supervision. Acts as a liaison with other departments, divisions, and organizations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Inspects incoming material to cosmetic/workmanship standard. Measures critical characteristics / safety critical characteristics of incoming material using various mechanical and electronic measuring tools. Manages material flow through the Supplier Quality Inspection area in such a way that good and non-conforming material is clearly identified and material moves quickly in and out of the area. Understands and interprets part specifications. Understands and performs Standard Inspection Plans. Enters test and inspection results into SAP or part folders as necessary. Maintains filing system for test records. Creates and releases Quality Notifications in SAP as needed. Performs solder samples, internal Part Number Changes (PNCs), and specialized quality requirements. Helps manage the RIR (quality notification) cage.
· Escalating issues and quality trends to department leadership
· Performs measurement system studies and measurement evaluations under engineering guidance.
· Trains personnel as needed.
· May perform other duties as assigned.
· Demonstrated ability to use equipment and tools typically used in the inspection process such as calipers, gage blocks, gate pins, and optical comparators.
· · PC skills, including training and knowledge in applicable software packages, including SAP and desktop applications.
· Ability to work under tight time deadlines with frequently changing priorities.
· Ability to read, write and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
· Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to vendors, customers, and other employees of the organization.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
· Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
· Ability to use standard and unique problem-solving techniques.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.