Descripción del Trabajo
Provides technical leadership and is responsible for determining the direction for the IT architecture, standards, design and implementation approaches for the company’s application systems, infrastructure and/or network-based cloud product systems. Creates, evaluates and implements plans and design proposals for high impact IT solutions and their use involving leading edge technologies and methods considering key factors such as their long-term effectiveness (service delivery and cost), practicality, technical limitations and criticality. In this expert-level role with advisory responsibilities to senior management, wide latitude is given in establishing objectives and approaches to critical assignments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Senior IT Architect
- Know and understand Jabil business strategy
- Know and understand Jabil IT strategy & objectives
- Identify and assess the IT needs of the enterprise
- Apply this knowledge to define technical roadmaps that balance investment and benefit
- Define the overall solution architecture consistent with Jabil’s methodology
- Be responsible for the technical solution by providing leadership for the customer, project manager, domain architects, domain specialists and application engineers to advance and deliver solutions
- Collaborate with Enterprise Architects to design and deliver solutions
- Serve as a trusted advisor to clients and management
- Assess merits of alternative technical approaches and gain consensus for best approach
- Follow, promote, and improve recognized methodologies to design and deliver solutions
- Ensure that the non-functional requirements are satisfied including, but not limited to, security, disaster recovery, availability, and performance
- Research technology and industry trends to hone both personal and Jabil’s competitive edge
- Through modeling or prototyping, validate solution prior to full implementation
- Demonstrate expertise in one of the following disciplines: Enterprise Architecture, Business Architecture, Information Architecture, Application Architecture, Technology Infrastructure Architecture
- Mentor IT Architects
- Develop project plans and influence project organization
- Apply recognized system sizing methodology
- Vet change(s) with respect to scope, schedule, cost, risk, etc.
- Cross train staff to reduce delivery risk
- Define processes & methods necessary to support delivery/deployment
- Define management tools to support production environment
- Utilize Lean Six Sigma or other methods to identify & provide guidance on organizational improvement opportunities
- Perform root cause analysis and remediation actions
- Contribute to Jabil IP though development and submission of patents
Policy & Procedures
- Comply with IT policy, procedure, and process
- Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy
Training & Development
- Define technical job content & qualifications of key roles required to support technical infrastructure
- Work closely with management to assess and aid the development of staff skill sets
- Assist management to assess and help resolve staffing knowledge gaps
- Publish and present to customers, IT leaders and business executives
- Engage with vendors and third parties as needed
- Organize verbal and written ideas clearly and use an appropriate business style
- Ask questions; encourage input from staff
- Develop peer relationships with Senior Manager or Director Level personnel
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Typically reports to management.
- The purpose of this role is not primarily managerial, and the job is typically NOT directly responsible for managing employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management).
- Advanced understanding of all architectural components and their interrelationships
- Strong knowledge of Software Engineering and Architectural Principles and methods
- Strong presentation and written communication skills
- Good judgment and the ability to handle stressful situations
- Team lead experience in application development
- Deep knowledge and experience of one or more languages e.g., Java, C#, etc.
- Deep knowledge and experience with server-side technologies
- Experience with client-side technologies e.g., Node, Angular
- Experience working in an Agile methodology
- Experience with relational databases and SQL
- Experience with Cloud technologies
- Experience with UML or Archimate
- Experience with SOA, including REST, SOAP, API Management, and other integration patterns e.g. ESB, EIP, etc.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Experience and skills commensurate with attainment of The Open Group Certified Architect
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Post-graduate degree in Computer Science or Management Information Systems expected
- Minimum 15 years of experience in a related discipline
- Or, equivalent combination of education, training, or experience
- Open CA Level 1: Certified or Level 2: Master
- TOGAF 9 Certified
- ArchiMate 3 Practitioner
We are looking for a skilled, passionate, disciplined and enthusiastic architect to join our high performing team. The ideal candidate will have experience in building digital solutions on major cloud providers (Azure, AWS, etc.) in the following fields: IoT, microservices, analytics; must have a desire and ability to work with business users, continually learn and come up with innovative solutions that matter to the business. They will be self-starting, self-directing, with a strong desire to collaborate with and to grow others in the organization. They must be comfortable working at many levels of abstraction, from architecture through design and implementation. Ultimately, they will be accountable for the technical integrity, system quality, fitness-for-purpose and conformance with the overall business and IT strategy for projects.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Able to develop a holistic view and has an overall long-term responsibility for driving the architecture and design of solutions.
- Lead and facilitate design discussions with appropriate internal Jabil IT groups.
- Drive the solution architectures of new enhancements.
- Ability to internalize what’s happening in the external marketplace and apply that knowledge on projects.
- Work with Jabil’s internal architecture and IT groups to identify whether there are areas outside of the architectural standards and get them resolved.
- Facilitate the research and finalize alternative design options to ensure that any enhancements fit with overall supply chain needs.
- Be the single point of contact and assess the opportunities afforded by various new projects to advance Jabil business/IT objectives.
- Ensure completion of architecture and design reviews by appropriate groups with Jabil.
- Ability to participate in the relevant audits of the projects.
- Has the overall accountability of all architecture and design deliverables.
- Ability to function as a trusted business advisor and is seasoned in orchestrating multimillion business solutions in terms of architecting, resource loading.
- Seasoned in driving “C-level” business communications.
- Extensive solution delivery experience in leading complex and large diverse technology programs
- Understand capacity needs and performance results and ensure that these are considered for any future enhancements.
- Evaluate and review deliverables (architecture and design artifacts, code reviews) created by partners.
- Play a consulting role in developing test strategies and test plans.
- Understand and evaluate the impact of changes to roadmaps of utilized technology stack and ensure their continued deployment is in line with Jabil’s business/IT strategy; propose new technology alternatives to keep Jabil’s supply chain solutions be on the leading edge.
- Lead engagement with potential clients to design software solutions (architecture) during the sales process, including advising on additional modules, system customization/configuration, and service offering solutions to meet clients’ stated needs.
- Partner with business development and field sales teams to advance opportunities through the sales process.
- Work with customer success, marketing and sales teams to take the pulse of the market and then coordinate with delivery and development teams to define the features, functionality, and pre-deployment requirements to meet those expectations.
Education & Experience Requirements
- Have design experience, including knowledge of common design patterns, performance, and reliability solutions.
- Experience with agile development methodology.
- Experience with digital platform concepts and frameworks.
- Experience with various kinds of models including but not limited to system diagrams, conceptual/logical/physical data models,
- Must have experience implementing solutions on AWS or Azure cloud using cloud-native capabilities, microservices.
- Proven ability to manage and resolve complex and ambiguous issues.
- Experience implementing SaaS solutions on public or private clouds.
- Experience with building large go-to-market platforms highly preferred.
- Experience with front-end technologies (Angular JS, React), .NET, python.
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases, Big Data analytics (Hadoop ecosystem).
- Experience implementing IoT solutions from the edge-to-enterprise.
- Exposure to Containerization (Docker, Kubernetes).
- Must be an intellectually curious individual who has a passion for new business development, as well as genuine enthusiasm for the complex process of innovation and R&D.