Descripción del Trabajo
The Cloud Solution Architect role is to develop and maintain the high-level target state design for the technology architecture. Provide technical leadership and consulting across the organization, on strategic decisions for cloud initiatives. Technical customer engagement including: architectural design sessions, specific implementation projects and/or Proofs of Concepts for App Development initiatives. The ideal candidate will have experience in customer facing roles and success leading deep technical architecture and application design discussions with senior customer executives to drive cloud deployment.
Strategy & Planning
● Facilitate the design of target state roadmap to make certain capacity meets existing and future requirements for all key stakeholders.
● Ensure that technology planning and practices are aligned with strategic business goals and the company’s overall strategic roadmap.
● Accelerate consumption in high potential customer accounts by providing deep technical expertise and support in App Development workloads.
● Ensure that the security, Information, business, Integration and application architecture interests are taken into account and engagement with the respective architects occurs.
● Provide architectural consulting expertise, direction, and assistance to extended architecture team.
● Drive the deployment of customer workloads into Public cloud (AWS) and increase their consumption of the platform by providing deployment guidance, supporting development of the customers’ cloud adoption model, and providing appropriate recommendations to overcome blockers.
● Lead deployment of projects, creation of collateral, and training of employees in your area of specialization.
● Keep up to date with market trends and competitive insights
● Provide guidance on architecture artifacts as per process standards and storage in the company’s library to facilitate compliance, organization, and access.
● Act as a leader and advocate for cloud adoption, including coaching and training for extended architecture team.
● Participate in Solutions Review group to assess solution approach, gain acceptance of solution, and ensure decisions are made and deviations from standards are properly identified and addressed. Escalate to the architecture review board if needed.
● Manage and continuously improve the design of architectural processes and artifacts.
● Identify opportunities for technology reuse, migration, or retirement.
● Provide guidance to the extended architecture team in the early planning stage around cloud solution patterns.
Formal Education & Certification
● Bachelor’s degree in computer science, system analysis or a related field, or equivalent experience.
● Minimum of 10 years of hands-on design and implementation of cloud solutions supported by IT.
● 5+ years of architecture, design, implementation, and/or support of highly distributed applications (i.e. having an architectural sense for ensuring availability, reliability, etc.)
● 2+ years of experience in “migrating” on premise workloads to the cloud
● One or more of the following certifications: Open CA Level 1, TOGAF 9 Foundation, or ArchiMate 3 Foundation.
● Experience / exposure to enterprise cloud providers and platforms, including Azure and AWS.
● AWS certification in any of the following is a plus – Solutions Architect, Infrastructure Architect or Systems Ops.
Knowledge & Experience
● Exposure to multiple, diverse business systems, technologies, and processing environments.
● Deep understanding of cloud computing technologies, business drivers, and emerging computing trends
● Experience in architecting complex Enterprise grade solutions in on-premise and cloud environments.
● Proven track record of building deep technical relationships with senior executives and growing cloud consumption share in large or highly strategic accounts
● Deep technical experience in one or more of the following areas: Software design or development, Cloud Application Design, Mobility, PaaS, Media Services, CDN
● Oversight experience on major transformation projects and successful transitions to implementation support teams
● Excellent interpersonal skills in areas such as teamwork, facilitation, negotiation, planning, and organizational skills.
● Ability to understand the long-term ("big picture") and short-term perspectives of situations.
● Understanding Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies – AGILE development, SCRUM and Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) with one or more of the following programming languages: .NET, C++, Java, JSON, PowerShell, Python.
● Scripting and automation skills with one or more tools such as Ansible, PowerShell, AWS CLI, CloudFormation templates, AWS automation, Terraform, Python and so on.
● Understanding of an enterprise’s political climate and how to respond to political challenges.
● Highly self-motivated and self-directed.