Descripción del Trabajo
The Senior Machine Operator will perform machine setups and operate manufacturing equipment including but not limited to cutting, drilling, milling, bending, deburring, chemical finishing, laser etching and assembly in multiple cells and/or work areas (as defined by the department).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Perform qualified operator duties as required based on assigned area.
- Train and mentor fellow employees in the same area.
- Run process tests or rework operations and associated inspection and process control measures.
- Proficiently perform process requirements and metrics in assigned area to meet safety, quality, compliance and production goals as well as training requirements.
- Understand and execute lean initiatives (e.g. 5S, Standard Work).
- Follow appropriate safety practices to prevent accidents to self or others.
- Follow all laws and policies as they apply to one's job and to maintain the highest levels of professionalism, ethics and
- compliance at all times.
- Participate in and understand all compliance related activities pertaining to the job assignment.
- Engage with others in a positive and constructive manner that is conducive to good teamwork in a production environment.
- Work during assigned shift schedule and meet associated attendance requirements.
- Ability to work overtime – in excess of eight (8) hours a day and/or in excess of 40 hours a week to support business requirements.
- Demonstrate consistency in results.
- Follow process sheets, in process quality checks and perform first piece inspections.
- Interface with co-workers and support functions to resolve problems.
- Identify and offer ideas and solutions for improvements based on applied knowledge.
- Cross-train to other work cells/departments as business needs dictate.
Typically reports to Management. Direct supervisor job title(s) typically include: Manufacturing/Production Supervisor
Job is NOT directly responsible for managing other employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management)
- High school diploma or equivalent required, Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
- Basic writing and verbal communication skills.
- Basic computer skills (e.g. internet, email).
- General math skills (e.g. addition, subtraction, multiplication, division).
- Previous industrial or manufacturing experience in regulated industry preferred
The anticipated hourly pay range for this role is $11.29 - $16.36 - $21.43. Job-related, non-discriminatory factors used to determine the actual offered rate include qualifications and experience, education (if requirement noted above), geographic location, external market data, and consideration of internal equity.
As part of the total rewards package, this position is eligible for a short-term incentive based on performance. In addition, Jabil offers benefits to enhance your health, wealth and resilient self. These include medical, dental, and vision insurance plans; 401(k) retirement plan and employee stock purpose plan; and paid time off.