Descripción del Trabajo
The Project Mgr Engineering Services manages and enhances customer relationships and is technically capable of developing, managing, and delivering medium to high complexity technology projects. This includes developing SOW, business proposals, project schedule / financials, and managing medium complex projects globally.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Provide weekly communication forum for the exchange of ideas and information for projects including project status, resolving project issues, problems, and changes.
· Organize verbal and written ideas clearly and use an appropriate business style.
· Ability to effectively present information to management and/or customer personnel.
· Ability to respond in a timely fashion to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or internal personnel.
· Establish and maintain communications with both customer personnel and senior management.
Business Strategy and Direction:
· Assist with business and/or contract negotiations.
· Know and understand the strategic direction of division.
· Develop an understanding of the workcell business strategy as it pertains to technology Services.
· Provide regular updates to Business Unit on the execution of the strategy.
· Ensure all products and services are delivered in accordance with contractual requirements and are on time and within budget.
· Conduct formal design reviews with customers to ensure design(s) meet customer design requirements.
· Identify creative ways to reduce cost by streamlining processes and systems (i.e. modification of responsibilities or consolidation of tasks, elimination of non-value-added processes, or complete re-engineering of processes and systems).
· Utilize tools to monitor departmental cost and cost trends, striving continuously to improve value.
· Provide feedback to peers on cost and cost trends.
PROJECT MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
· Responsible for ensuring all of the project's technological requirements and/or objectives are correctly gathered, understood and properly translated for execution.
· Responsible for recognizing project's Key Success Indicators and manage the work within scope, quality, time and cost constraints
· Responsible for project risk reviews and appropriate mitigation
· Responsible for facilitating communication as appropriate to all involved and "manage" the stakeholders. This includes escalate
issues to the next level of management
· Responsible for forecasting project budget and HR needs for current and future site needs
· Accountable for overall project success - including cost, schedule, quality, and scope management.
· Accountable for customer satisfaction / relationship both internal and external
· Ensure all sensitive and confidential information is handled appropriately.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
· Ability to operate a personal computer including using a Windows based operating system and related software.
· Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages.
· Ability to write simple correspondence. Read and understand visual aid.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions.
· Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
· Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
· Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.