Descripción del Trabajo
The Quality Technician III works with Manufacturing, Quality, and Quality Engineering to continuously improve quality
performance ensuring compliance with quality standards. This role performs a variety of quality control tests/inspections on
products, materials, components and parts at various stages of the production process to ensure compliance with quality and
reliability standards, and to ensure effective inspection and testing procedures are implemented.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· With limited supervision, assures policies, procedures, inspection techniques and quality plans conform to established standards.
· Performs complex analyses and tests of raw materials, packaging materials and/or finished products from manufacturing to
ensure quality standards and compliance to customer and regulatory requirements.
· Monitors performance of inspectors and institute corrective action when necessary.
· Trains new inspectors and department personnel on policies, procedures, inspection techniques and quality plans.
· Assures gauges are within the current calibration cycle and are properly used and stored. Arranges for repair of gauges as
· Participates in design of experiments and process capability studies.
· Reviews Statistical Process Control (SPC) data. Maintains integrity of SPC data by correcting input errors and follows up with
retraining of inspectors if needed.
· Works with QA supervisor or manager to maintain and update control limits in SPC files. Create new SPC files as needed.
· Participates in mold qualification/validation process
· Reviews production records for conformance to procedures.
· Analyzes data and writes summaries to validate or show deviations from existing standards.
· Recommends modifications to existing, or suggests new standards, methods and procedures.
· Conducts start-ups in accordance with inspection criteria.
· Troubleshoots recurring defects and quality problems. Recommends disposition, modification and corrective actions for
recurring or non-recurring discrepancies.
· May inspect, measure, and test parts in accordance with blueprints, product plan requirements or engineering sketches.
· May oversee instrument calibration system, performs measurements and related calibration tasks.
· Audits, maintains and generate accurate quality records, logs and reports.
· Ensures documentation and procedures are in compliance with customer specifications, industry standards and standard
· Works with all QA and Manufacturing personnel to achieve regulatory compliance.
· Maintain files for batch history records (BHR). Review BHR’s for completeness and accuracy. Fills out lot history
closeout/Batch Release form. Work and follow up as needed with shipping to complete necessary information on Certificates of
Compliance/analysis for product shipments.
· Assist Quality Engineer in use of statistical tools in the workcell.
· Assist Quality Engineer with Corrective and Preventive Actions
· Ensure capability studies are performed on critical processes.
· Perform first article inspection, review visual aids, and make updates to inspection visual aids.
· Perform defect analysis reporting.
· Perform line, process and product audits.
· Assist Quality Engineering in APQP.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
JOB QUALIFICATIONSKNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
•General knowledge of blue prints, engineering specifications interpretation, inspection using measuring and test equipment, SPC software and measurement techniques, geometric dimensioning and tolerance and quality calibration processes required.
•General knowledge of process control charts, process capability studies and other statistical analysis applications.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
•High school diploma required; Associate’s degree preferred
•4+years related experience and/or training
•Experience certifying typical metrology equipment such as calipers, micrometers and computer controlled gauging equipment.
•Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience