Descripción del Trabajo
- Assist Toolmaker / CNC Technician operating both manual and CNC equipment such as but not limit to saws, mills, lathes, surface grinders, OD grinders, wire EDM, EDM drill, etc., to manufacture gages, work holding fixtures, dies and tooling to support production operations
- Help maintain various dies, work holding fixtures and tooling used in production
- Use of various types of measuring instruments including numerous types of gages, micrometers, calipers, comparators, and image vision measuring equipment to check accuracy of work performed
- Completion of documentation as required by the process
- Perform preventive maintenance and 5S related tasks as it pertains to the assigned area including but not limited to maintaining coolant levels, emptying chip containers, etc.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- learn and retain process requirements in assigned area to meet safety, quality, compliance and department demands as well as training requirements.
- assist Toolroom personnel in the set up and operation of tool room equipment demonstrating safe operation and consistent, effective results.
- assist assembly of components after completion of machine and hand operations with the guidance of experienced Tool Makers.
- participate in and understand all compliance related activities pertaining to the job assignment.
- learn and understand lean initiatives (i.e. 5S, etc.).
- engage with others in a positive and constructive manner that is conducive to good teamwork in a production environment.
- work during assigned shift schedule and meet associated attendance requirements.
- work extra hours when required by business needs.
- demonstrate ability to learn and develop consistency in results.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Basic written and verbal communication and basic computer skills
- General math skills
- work in conditions that may be hot, cold, wet and/or noisy along with exposure to fumes, oil, coolants and other manufacturing related chemicals
- work on feet 100% of time
- lift 5-25 pounds on a regular basis along with occasional heavy lifting over 50 pounds