Descripción del Trabajo
Under direct supervision and with appropriate training, will work in manufacturing as an Operator, in Maintenance as a Maintenance Technician, or in Engineering as an Engineer. Will participate in and lead project(s).
This role is expected to work 40 hour weeks during the summers, roughly mid May to mid August, which will be considered a full term. This time frame may be adjusted based on student school schedules and other specific needs that may arise. There will be flexibility for the student to work more hours during breaks or other times if it aligns with business needs and student request to their supervisors.
Pay rates start at $17.00/hr.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Will orient to our organization, participate in projects and activities in different areas of the plant
- Will be provided a structured mentor/mentee relationship in an engaging and safe environment.
- Participates in and understands compliance related activities pertaining to the job assignment including compliance with the Quality System Regulation (QSR), Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), and applicable Work Instructions.
- Follows all laws and policies as they apply to one's job and maintains the highest levels of professionalism, ethics, and compliance at all times.
- Supports the continuous improvements of manufacturing systems to facilitate business and quality objectives and compliance review and resolution processes.
- Identifies and assists in process improvements for existing manufacturing processes utilizing appropriate engineering principles and standard strategies such as, Lean and Six Sigma principles.
- Performs assignments designed to continue the development of professional work knowledge and abilities requiring application of standard engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria in carrying out a sequence of related engineering tasks, project management, statistical analysis and presentation of data and technical writing.
- Will gain basic technical skills, verbal and written communication skills and ability to function on as well as lead a team.
- Works in conditions that may be hot, cold, wet and/or noisy along with exposure to fumes, oil, coolants, and other manufacturing related chemicals.
The anticipated hourly pay range for this role is $0.00 - $240.38 - $480.77. Job-related, non-discriminatory factors used to determine the actual offered rate include qualifications and experience, education (if requirement noted above), geographic location, external market data, and consideration of internal equity.
As part of the total rewards package, this position is eligible for a short-term incentive based on performance. In addition, Jabil offers benefits to enhance your health, wealth and resilient self. These include medical, dental, and vision insurance plans; 401(k) retirement plan and employee stock purpose plan; and paid time off.