Descripción del Trabajo
Coordination and installation of IT servers. Design, build, optimize and maintain servers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Design, optimize, and maintain servers and ensure that operational uptimes are met or exceeded.
· Recommend system standards, processes and procedures.
· Deploy systems following established standards, processes and procedures.
· Monitor system uptime.
· Document failures and corrective action taken.
· Make recommendations for long-term solutions.
· Ensure that all aspects of servers can be monitored and managed locally and remotely.
· Design, develop, and deploy cost-effective solutions.
· Perform periodic system performance reviews and trend analysis.
· Maintain and develop documentation for responsible area.
· Maintain a thorough knowledge and in-depth field experience regarding emerging or job technologies required to fulfill the job, this could include formal or self paced professional development.
· Prepare project plans and schedules.
· Provide status updates of assigned projects.
· Recommend/conduct training.
· Maintain positive relations with all employees encouraging them to suggest ways of improving IT systems.
· Serve as escalation point for troubleshooting issues.
· Maintain a good working relationship with customers and vendors.
· Ensure 100% adherence to all IT and department policy, processes and procedures.
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Participate in the exchange of ideas and information within the department.
· Organize verbal and written ideas clearly and use an appropriate business style.
· Ask questions; encourage input from team members.
· Provide regular updates to appropriate managers.
· Identify creative ways to reduce cost by streamlining processes and systems (i.e. modification of responsibilities or consolidation of tasks, elimination of non-value added processes, or complete re-engineering of processes and systems).
· Drive continuous improvement through trend reporting analysis and metrics management.
· Assure that procedures and work instructions are efficient and not redundant.
· Offer new ideas and suggestions for improvement. Identify and implement new practices and processes that are ?best in field?.
· Demonstrate a commitment to customer service; anticipate, meet and exceed expectations by solving problems quickly and effectively; making customer issues a priority.
· Confer with reporting manager on complex or unusual situations.
· Establish new measurement systems if/where possible.
· Exchange knowledge and information with other Jabil facilities to ensure best practices are shared throughout the Jabil organization.
· Ensure 100% adherence to all company policies and procedures (i.e. Health, Safety and Quality)
· Maintain discretion and confidentiality in all areas pertaining to data and proprietary information, whether internal to Jabil or customer specific.
· Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
· Ability to work effectively under pressure with constantly changing priorities and deadlines.
· Proficient and knowledgeable in all areas related to the IT department functions.
· Maintain discretion and confidentiality in all areas pertaining to the IT systems.
· Understand and embrace the business and IT strategic direction.
· Dependable and conscientious in all work performed.
Bachelor?s Degree in Computer Science or Management Information Systems preferred, or minimum 3 to 5 years experience, or equivalent education and experience. Ability to work additional hours as needed. Ability to travel. (Some extensive travel may be required.)
Individual will be required to use computer keyboards or other equipment for extended periods of time.
Individual may be required to sit or stand for extended periods of time. Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision for reading and studying technical materials and use of computer monitor screens a great deal of the time. Specific physical abilities required by the job may include walking, reaching carrying and lifting up to 25 lbs, with some occasional lifting up to 50lbs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Individual?s primary workstation is located in the office area, with some time spent on the manufacturing floor. The noise level in the work environment ranges from low to moderate.
Extensive experience with working WVDI environment, intermediate level SCCM / Intune / Azure AD knowledge