Descripción del Trabajo
Lead Equipment Maintenance Technician (Packaging)
Working under general direction, performs a variety of difficult assignments requiring considerable judgment and initiative to resolve.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Uses experience, diagnostic equipment, processes, and procedures to troubleshoot electro-mechanical equipment used in a high-volume manufacturing environment.
· Adjusts, repairs, and installs equipment according to layout plans, blueprints, operating or repair manuals, and rough sketches or drawings.
· Communicates with equipment suppliers regarding the repair of equipment.
· Performs supervisory duties including timekeeping and performance management.
· Monitors work order backlog and proactively keeps management apprised of potential impacts to production.
· Trains lower-level technicians in the maintenance of equipment.
· May make recommendations regarding design and specifications and optimization of manufacturing equipment.
· May be required to work overtime be on-call.
· Complies and follows all procedures within the company security policy.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
· Knowledge of company policies and procedures to complete assigned tasks.
· Must be able to read, write and communicate in English. Must be able to effectively communicate with technical support services.
· Thorough working knowledge and troubleshooting capability of high-volume manufacturing equipment.
· Use of basic and special purpose hand tools and test/calibration equipment.
· Understanding of safety practices requirements.
· Knowledge of specialized maintenance tracking programs.
· Basic mathematics personal computer operation in a Windows environment (Excel, Word and PowerPoint and e-mail).
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Associates degree in electronics or equivalent discipline.
· Minimum of 6 years work experience with electro-mechanical equipment in a manufacturing environment required.
· Proven leadership potential to lead a team of equipment maintenance technicians.
· Equivalent combination of education, training, or experience.