Descripción del Trabajo
The Staff Mechanical Engineer PD is responsible for participating in product development teams. In this role, the candidate will bring to bear world class engineering knowledge, creativity, product development experience, planning, and communication skills to deliver winning solutions for clients.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Participate in engineering efforts on product development teams and be responsible for the quality and content of engineering deliverables
· Have skills in the essential engineering tools used in product development (sketching, CAD, prototyping, FEA a plus, DFM, FMEA, etc)
· Conceptualize ways of providing new and improved value to our customers
· Contribute engineering knowledge and experience to product development projects
· Maintain a high standard of customer service and professional guidance
· Promote a results oriented culture of teamwork, respect, excellence, integrity and accountability
· Identify strategic opportunities
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Motivated, takes initiative
· Effective and well organized
· Professional in manner and appearance
· Good interpersonal skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· A history of developing products with multi-disciplinary teams
· A history of coordinating efforts of technical and non-technical team members
· A history of participating in the development of products from inception to production
· Experience developing electro-mechanical products
· A strong knowledge of injection molding and plastics
· Involvement in developing a combination of high volume components/products and mid-complex product assemblies.
· Solidworks and Pro/Engineer / Creo with surfacing experience