Descripción del Trabajo
Lead and develop a team of Training Support Specialists to ensure excellence in the area of technical skill development for Jabil South Manufacturing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
LEADERSHIP AND PEOPLE MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
Recruitment and Retention:
· Recruit, interview and hire employees for the Human Resources Training Team.
· Communicate criteria to recruiters for positions within the team.
· Monitor team member turnover; identify key factors that can be improved. Make improvements.
· Employee and Team Development:
· Identify individual and team strengths and development needs on an ongoing basis.
· Create and/or validate training curriculum in area of responsibility.
· Coach and mentor Training Specialists to deliver excellence to every internal and external customer.
· Create and manage succession plans for the Training function.
· Performance Management:
· Establish clear measurable goals and objectives by which to measure individual and team results (i.e. quality and quantity of job responsibilities.
· Solicit feedback from internal and external customers on employee’s contribution to the Plant performance.
· Express pride in staff and encourage them to feel good about their accomplishments.
· Perform team member evaluations professional and on time.
· Drive individuals and the team to continuously improve in key operational metrics and the achievement of the organizational goals.
· Co-ordinate activities with team and keep them focused in times of crises.
· Ensure recognition and rewards are managed fairly and consistently in area of responsibility.
· Provide weekly communication forum for the exchange of ideas and information with the department.
· Organize verbal and written ideas clearly and use an appropriate business style.
· Ask questions; encourage input from staff.
· Assess communication style of individual team members and adapt own communication style accordingly.
TEAM LEADER RESPONSIBILITIES
Business Strategy and Direction:
· Know and understand the Human Resource strategy.
· Define, develop and implement a Training development strategy, which contributes to the HR and plant strategic objectives.
· Drive the implementation of the strategy through effective performance management of team members.
· Provide regular updates to the Human Resources Manager on the execution of the strategy.
· Identify creative ways to reduce cost of Training and Education by streamlining processes and systems (i.e. modification of responsibilities or consolidation of tasks, elimination of non-value-added processes, or complete re-engineering of processes and systems).
· Utilize tools available to monitor departmental cost and cost trends, striving continuously to improve value. Provide feedback to peers on cost and cost trends.
TECHNICAL MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
· Demonstrate a commitment to continuing education and training by keeping up to date with new initiatives in field of training and education e.g. e-learning.
· Ensure that all employees have an effective orientation into Jabil.
· Ensure that all employees have the opportunity to develop the skills required to do their job by advocating the importance of training and education across the campus.
· Drive continuous improvement in the Training team through trend reporting analysis, metrics management and encouraging every team member to improve their own skills.
· Assure that procedures and work instructions are efficient and not redundant e.g ISO Training Procedures
· Offer new ideas and suggestions for improvement. Identify and implement new practices and processes.
· Demonstrate a commitment to customer service; anticipate, meet, and exceed expectations by solving problems quickly and effectively; making customer issues a priority.
· Communicate overall training and development strategy on a regular and consistent basis.
· Lead by example.
· Establish new measurement systems if/where possible.
· Exchange knowledge and information with other Training Supervisors to ensure best practices are shared throughout the Jabil organization.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field preferred; and three to five years experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.