Descripción del Trabajo
JABIL JOB DESCRIPTION
Operator III, Machine Specialist
GENERAL MANUFACTURING OPERATIONS
SAP Job Key
The Machine Specialist will perform intermediate level troubleshooting, machine setups, and operate manufacturing equipment including but not limited to lathe, cutting, drilling, milling, bending, deburring, chemical finishing, laser etching and assembly in multiple cells and/or work areas (as defined by the department). Responsible for ensuring production flow while eliminating nonconformances and machine downtime with minimal supervision.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ability to troubleshoot and correct machining issues to decrease downtime.
- Ability to effectively and quickly perform machine change overs in department.
- Ability to effectively present problem/solution analysis to management as appropriate.
- Coordinates with engineering and maintenance to implement long term solutions to machining and production issues.
- Drive daily production and continually strive to balance and optimize line throughput.
- Decrease/eliminate nonconforming production orders.
- Knowledgeable in SAP/Neptune to provide problem resolution and ensure production order flow.
- Ability to train unskilled or junior level operators on all machining operations in assigned area.
- Ensure operator asset care is perform at prescribed intervals to enhance machine efficiency and capacity
- Ensure assigned production cells are maintained in a clean and organized manner.
- Willingness to learn and certify in all areas and machines within Screw II.
- Liaise between Operators, Ops Leads, and Engineering.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Typically reports to Management. Direct supervisor job title(s) typically include: Manufacturing/Production Supervisor
- Job is NOT directly responsible for managing other employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management).
- Follow appropriate safety practices to prevent accidents to self or others.
- Follow all laws and policies as they apply to one's job and to maintain the highest levels of professionalism, ethics and compliance at all times.
- Participate in and understand all compliance related activities pertaining to the job assignment.
- Understand and execute lean initiatives (e.g. 5S, Standard Work).
- Engage with others in a positive and constructive manner that is conducive to good teamwork in a production environment.
- Proficiently perform process requirements and metrics in assigned area to meet safety, quality, compliance and production goals as well as training requirements.
- Work during assigned shift schedule and meet associated attendance requirements.
- Ability to work overtime – in excess of eight (8) hours a day and/or in excess of 40 hours a week to support business requirements.
- Demonstrate consistency in results.
- Follow process sheets, in process quality checks and perform first piece inspections.
- Interface with co-workers and support functions to resolve problems.
- Identify and offer ideas and solutions for improvements based on applied knowledge.
- Run process tests or rework operations and associated inspection and process control measures.
- Cross-train to other work cells/departments as business needs dictate.
- Perform qualified operator duties as required based on assigned area.
- Train and mentor fellow employees in the same area.
- Perform basic root cause analysis on machine related downtime.
- Performs other related duties, as required
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
- Demonstrable troubleshooting and mechanical aptitude.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Basic computer skills (e.g. internet, email).
- General math skills (e.g. addition, subtraction, multiplication, division).
- Previous industrial or manufacturing experience in regulated industry preferred.
Empowerment & Accountability
Work reflects an understanding of customers’ expectations; Works towards delighting the customers; Handles customers effectively and proactively anticipates their needs.
Steps up to the challenges and tasks assigned; Accountable – Accepts responsibility for her/his own performance and actions; Escalates issues appropriately and with a sense of urgency.
Constantly seeks to improve work processes; Work reflects a quality-first mentality; Learns from internal and external best practices to apply to her/his work.
Vision & Purpose
Learning on the Fly
Understands the vision of the company; Knows how her/his work contributes to the business strategies; Prioritizes her/his work against what is important to the business.
Understands how future trends will affect their function; Able to share the company’s directions with others; Takes the initiative to learn about other business functions beyond her/his own.
Consistently looks for continuous improvements in day-to-day practices; Analyzes personal success and failures and applies learning for improvement; Seeks new challenges or opportunities to expand skills; Demonstrates curiosity and asks questions to learn.
Drive for Results
Challenges the way things have always been done; Demonstrates flexibility in evaluating problems or processes in new ways.
Clearly defines complex issues despite incomplete or ambiguous information; Evaluates the benefits, costs, and risks of alternatives before making decisions; Applies logic and common sense in making decisions.
Focuses time and energy on the most important issues; Is consistently good at getting the right things done; Demonstrates and fosters a sense of urgency and strong commitment to achieving goals.
Develop Today’s Talent
Develop Next-Generation Talent
Creates and takes actions on personal development plans; Share’s expertise to help others learn and develop.
Able to motivate others to get the best out of them; Shares personal motivations with leader; Demonstrates a positive attitude in the work environment.
Proactively shows initiative to help beyond scope of role or responsibilities and offer solutions; Embraces change, considers an opportunity to learn and grow; Demonstrates support to develop peers in areas of expertise.
Cross Cultural Agility
Integrity & Trust
Is aware of personal strengths and weaknesses; Makes time to pursue personal interests while maintaining energy and passion for the job; Recovers quickly from setbacks-Demonstrates personal resiliency; Gains insights from mistakes.
Demonstrates flexibility in working in a global environment and masters new jobs, information, and situations quickly and effectively; Demonstrates ability to work effectively across cultures; Is not judgmental about differences.
Builds relationships of trust with team members; Admits mistakes; Is seen as a truthful individual; Does not misrepresent himself or herself for personal gains; Treats everyone with humanity, justice, and temperance, even under stressful circumstances; Demonstrates honest ethical behavior in all interactions.
- 3rd Shift business hours. Some additional hours may be required.
- Manufacturing environment during normal business hours.
Sitting - Up to .5 hour(s) per day
Lifting - Up to .5 hour(s) per day, up to 50 max. lbs.^
Walking - Up to 4 hour(s) per day
Pushing/Pulling - Up to .5 hour(s) per day, up to 50 max. lbs^
Standing - Up to 8 hour(s) per day
Climbing: - Will not generally apply
Bending/Squatting/Stooping - Up to 1 hour(s) per day
Stairs - Will not generally apply
Reaching - Up to 8 hour(s) per day
Ladder - Will not generally apply
Balancing - Will not generally apply
Stepstool - Will not generally apply
Twisting - Up to 1 hour(s) per day
Excessive heat exposure - Will not generally apply
Crawling - Will not generally apply
Excessive cold exposure - Will not generally apply
Hands in water - Will not generally apply
Dust exposure - Will not generally apply
Kneeling - Up to 1 hour(s) per day
Loud Noise exposure - Will not generally apply
Data Entry/Typing - Up to 4 hour(s) per day
Humidity exposure - Will not generally apply
Unusual hearing or vision demands: None specified
^Other physical demands or notes: Employees should not attempt to lift, pull or push a load in excess of 50 lbs. without assistance. Care should always be taken when lifting, pushing or pulling in an awkward position.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature of work performed; the level of knowledge and skills typically required; and usual working conditions of this job. It is not designed to contain, or be interpreted as, a comprehensive listing of all requirements or responsibilities that may be required by employees in this job. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description does not imply or cannot be considered as part of an employment contract. Jabil Circuit, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The anticipated hourly pay range for this role is $14.11 - $20.45 - $26.79. Job-related, non-discriminatory factors used to determine the actual offered rate include qualifications and experience, education (if requirement noted above), geographic location, external market data, and consideration of internal equity.
As part of the total rewards package, this position is eligible for a short-term incentive based on performance. In addition, Jabil offers benefits to enhance your health, wealth and resilient self. These include medical, dental, and vision insurance plans; 401(k) retirement plan and employee stock purpose plan; and paid time off.