Descripción del Trabajo
This opportunity is a Manufacturing Engineering role supporting Medical Device Manufacturing. This Engineer will monitor the quality and performance for assigned manufacturing lines as well as drive continuous improvements through process development, root cause analysis and systematic problem solving. This Engineer will have the opportunity to participate on multidisciplinary teams, work with emerging technology and gain hands on Engineering experience.
- Process and Project Engineering support for Medical Device Manufacturing.
- Provides Process Engineering support for existing processes, including hands-on equipment troubleshooting and failure analysis for CNC milling machines, swiss lathes, mill-turn machines, EDMs, and other computer integrated electro-mechanical systems.
- Assists in activities associated with scrap reduction, Non-Conformance investigations, Corrective and Preventative Actions.
- Participates and assists in continuous improvements to existing processes using Process Excellence tools and LEAN principles.
- Provides input on creative ways to reduce costs by streamlining processes and systems.
- Assists in new equipment acquisition efforts including machine selection, installation, validation, employee training, and other related equipment responsibilities as required.
- Assists in the coordination of production line reconfiguration and machine move activities, including equipment arrival, positioning and scheduling of support groups.
- Assists in the development of project schedules, responsible for tracking costs, preparing status reports, conducting meetings, documenting and communicating progress to management.
- Assists in the development of manufacturing and inspection procedures and conducts training of Manufacturing Personnel.
- Encourage/Own open communication and exchange of information within the Manufacturing Engineering, Quality Engineering and various site support groups.
- Train to, and comply with all internal procedures, applicable regulations and standards.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or a related field is preferred; and one to two years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
ADDITIONAL EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Experience with CNC metal cutting equipment (mills, lathes, EDMs, etc.) preferred.
- Experience with hands on failure analysis and equipment troubleshooting preferred.
- Project management and strong organizational skills preferred.
- Strong written, verbal communication, and computer skills required.
- Experience with FDA regulations or ISO standards preferred.
- Experience with SAP, AutoCAD, PTC Creo and MS Project desirable.
- Experience with automated systems, vision systems and material handling systems desirable.
- Must be willing to work in conditions that may be warm, cold, noisy and moderately oily.
- Must be willing to support global projects including up to 5% domestic travel.
- Must be willing to adjust schedule to support 2nd or 3rd shift operations as needed.