Descripción del Trabajo
Develops and implements programs, projects or processes for an assigned customer account(s) (Business Unit). Develops and sponsors tactics to achieve strategic objectives across functional groups or within a business group through customer interaction. Influences strategic direction and develops tactical plans and completes complex assignments with minimal supervision or review, including contract negotiation and amendment. Provides comprehensive solutions to complex problems. End results are evaluated for achieving goals and objectives. Extensive contact with internal and external customers is required to obtain, clarify or provide facts and information.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· The Senior Business Unit Manager is a member of the plant strategic leadership team.
· Demonstrates an entrepreneurial spirit and drive.
· Full responsibility for a customer/site Profit & Loss (P&L) statement (generally across multi-sites or multi-customer assignments).
· Establishes and manages current customer relationships, striving to capitalize on organic revenue growth opportunities.
· Negotiates contract terms and/or amends established contract terms with customers.
· Exhibits demonstrated sales/revenue growth success with past and current customer base.
· Exhibits demonstrated successful relationship-building skills with high-level audiences at more strategic and senior levels within the organization.
· Responsible for the Request for Proposal (RFP) process for assigned customer accounts. May support RFP processes for others.
· Pricing (i.e. materials and value-add).
· The Senior Business Unit Manager is the leader of the workcell and is accountable for the operational and financial performance of that workcell.
· Manages the performance, developments, and rewards for direct reports. Indirectly manages work of others through Jabil’s workcell business model.
· Full responsibility for continuous improvement of customer relationship performance metrics and customer satisfaction.
· Assumes leadership role in site-level strategic planning meetings.
· Manages and drives the Quarterly Business Review (QBR) process with assigned customer account..
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Excellent communication skills
· Global business awareness/experience (e.g., taxation, laws, culture)
· Extensive knowledge of total Jabil solutions available for offer
· Strong financial skill knowledge and aptitude (e.g. balance sheet and income statement)
· Strong operational knowledge (e.g., manufacturing, supply chain)
· Jabil tools (Financial system, quote process, etc.)
· Contract knowledge fundamentals
· Leadership/people-management skills
· Strong customer service skills and experience
ESSENTIAL SKILLS, ABILITIES AND EXAMPLE BEHAVIOR(S)
· ORGANIZE: Able to assemble appropriate resources (people, funding, material, support) to get things done; Able to manage multiple activities simultaneously to accomplish goals; Able to schedule and coordinate work of others; Able to establish efficient work procedures to meet objectives; Able to form the right structures and teams to enhance productivity
· SPEAK COMPETENTLY: Able to speak clearly and concisely; Able to use appropriate vocabulary for the audience; Able to get point across unambiguously and check for understanding
· DELIVER EXCEPTIONAL CUSTOMER SERVICE: Able to demonstrate sensitivity to customer needs (both internal and external) and proactively address customer needs; Able to make customer satisfaction a high priority
· NEGOTIATE: Able to apply effective questioning and listening techniques to determine each party's position; Able to look for common ground and build on areas of agreement to reach win-win outcomes; Able to ensure the agreed-upon alternatives have the support of all parties involved
· BUILD EFFECTIVE TEAMS: Able to promote team cohesiveness, cooperation and effectiveness; Able to actively seek the ideas and help of others, and contribute own ideas and actions to achieve team goals; Able to consider feelings and needs of others when working together to meet common goals
· COACH: Able to observe and track performance in order to instruct, guide, encourage, and support employees; Able to provide positive and developmental feedback on performance; Able to place emphasis on continuous improvement
· EMPOWER OTHERS: Able to establish an environment where risk-taking, ideas and initiative are encouraged; Able to "push down" authority and responsibility, creating a sense of ownership of jobs or projects; Able to reinforce and coach, offering help without removing responsibility
· INFLUENCE: Able to use effective communication and interpersonal skills to convince others to accept ideas or goals (with or without the formal authority of a higher position); Able to gain agreement and commitment from others to support and implement methods or processes
· MOTIVATE: Able to create enthusiasm for the work and a desire to excel as an individual or as a team; Able to solicit, use, and / or build on ideas of others; Able to recognize individuals for their contributions; Able to reinforce desired behaviors
· PROVIDE DIRECTION: Able to establish and communicate a common vision; Able to translate company strategy into team goals and objectives; Able to set clear priorities; Able to clarify roles and responsibilities through individual performance plans; Able to make self available for questions
· ACT WITH INTEGRITY: Able to demonstrate uncompromising adherence to ethical principles; Able to demonstrate honesty in all actions; Able to admit and correct mistakes promptly; Able to assume full responsibility and accountability for own actions
· DO WHATEVER IT TAKES: Able to maintain perseverance in the face of obstacles; Able to take charge, know what is needed or find out, and move forward; Able to stand up for ideas in the face of resistance; Able to work with others to expand on ideas
· DELIVER QUALITY RESULTS: Able to deliver top quality service to all customers (internal and external); Able to ensure all details are covered and adhere to Jabil’s policies; Able to strive to do things right the first time; Able to meet agreed-upon commitments or advises customer when deadlines are jeopardized; Able to define high standards for quality and evaluate products, services, and own performance against those standards
· BE DECISIVE: Able to make sound decisions within time constraints; Able to commit to a course of action, even in ambiguous situations, without excessive deliberation; Able to identify unique (but effective) solutions
· THINK STRATEGICALLY: Able to see the "big picture" and be future-thinking; Able to anticipate future trends and consequences accurately; Able to take a broad perspective; Able to create a vision of organizational objectives; Able to make decisions based on long-term company goals
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor's Degree required. Masters Degree preferred.
· Degree in Engineering, Finance/Accounting, or Business Management preferred.
· Six (6) to eight (8) years work-related experience required, preferably in Financial or Manufacturing Operations fields.
· Industry-specific experience helpful and/or preferred
· Previous Business Unit Manager (or equivalent job) work experience preferred
· Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Read and understand visual aid. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Must be able to calculate quantity of parts to be prepped and ready for use at any time. Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Individual may be required to sit, stand or walk. Reaching, bending, loading, and unloading of boards and reels is mandatory, as is lifting of up to 35 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and use of microscope and/or magnifying glass.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Individual’s primary workstation is located on the manufacturing floor. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
Successful applicants will have to fulfill all prerequisites for contracts. Certain position may require US Citizenship.
Jabil is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by law.