Descripción del Trabajo
Under general supervision provides highly complex mechanical and technical duties in support of assembly, manufacturing, and/or mold equipment. Assists with capturing and documentation of operating procedures and work instructions with the focus on continued productivity and quality.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs complete job set-ups from mold, robot, process, and start-up of equipment to finished goods.
- Troubleshoots electrical, mechanical, or pneumatic faults on manufacturing assembly and/or mold equipment.
- Troubleshoot various mold equipment such as robot vacuum cups, proximity switches and hopper switches.
- Troubleshoot process and molds.
- Make machine adjustments to maintain peak operating efficiencies on process and non-process controlling areas such as heater, die heights, speeds and feeds, vacuum switch adjustments, option switch sensitivity adjustments and minor mechanical switch adjustments.
- Observes the machine cell condition for any signs of wear or problems including leaks, wear, excessive motion and noise.
- Performs minor repairs as needed.
- Follows proper maintenance procedures for various assembly/molding equipment; this includes the proper start up, shut down, calibration and purge procedures.
- Uses standard or custom measuring gauges to ensure conformance to quality specifications.
- Adjust and calibrates machinery as needed using small hand tools. Correct malfunctions by making adjustments or replacing parts as directly by Maintenance, Engineering, Team Leader or other qualified personnel member.
- Acts as technical resource to service person in cleaning (grinder, dryers, loaders).
- Reviews the process control forms/process book to confirm that the equipment is running in accordance with the standard process and set up documentation.
- Conduct material and production transactions in SAP.
- Monitor the entire manufacturing system from resin loading through shipping and take appropriate action / provide guidance to other shift team members to ensure shift goals are achieved.
- Records all preformed equipment tasks on appropriate logs.
- Supports all company safety and quality programs and initiatives.
- Other duties as needed, including but not limited to material handling, shipping and receiving, quality and general machine operator job functions.
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Typically reports to Management. Direct supervisor job title(s) typically include: Production Supervisor, Production Manager
- Job MAY include responsibility for managing other employees (e.g., providing direction to shift team members, performance management, etc.) as a backup to Shift Team Lead.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Prior Process Technician experience working in injection molding industry is required.
- Related discipline and 8 plus years of Process Technician/Manufacturing Technician is preferred.
- RJG experience is preferred.
- Paulson or Routsis training is preferred .
- Understanding of plastic resins, robots and automation.
- Understanding of process control systems, open loop, and closed loop systems.
- Working on large, high-cavitation hot runner molds in 350 tons or larger machines.