Descripción del Trabajo
Plan, organize, and direct multi-functional engineering department to meet company objectives. Develop and maintain the processes and methods for architecture development & documentation, system design & documentation, and requirements engineering.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Provide communication forum for the exchange of ideas and information with the department.
· Assess communication style of individual team members and adapt own communication style accordingly.
FUNCTIONAL MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
Business Strategy and Direction:
· Know and understand the campus strategic directions.
· Develop an understanding of the Work cell business strategy as it pertains to Engineering Services.
· Identify creative ways to reduce cost by streamlining processes and systems (i.e. modification of responsibilities or consolidation of tasks, elimination of non-value-added processes, or complete re-engineering of processes and systems).
· Provide feedback to peers, BUMs and Director Engineering Services on cost and cost trends.
· Manage creation and submission of project proposals and quotations.
Forecast Development and Accuracy:
· Prepare timely forecasts for the department.
· Compare forward forecast results to historical actual results for trend assessment and analysis.
TECHNICAL MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
· Guide and oversee the development of systems/products to maintain the consistency and integrity of the architecture.
· Lead the development and implementation of platform and product architectures in collaboration with senior technical staff.
· Guide and oversee the development of system component requirements, interfaces, and specifications necessary to maintain the consistency and integrity of the architectures.
· Analyze new components and development tools and provide guidance on their use.
· Analyze technology trends, HR needs and market demand to plan projects.
· Confer with management and production staff to determine engineering feasibility and cost effectiveness.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry
· Strong knowledge of global and regional logistics operations and industry.
· Strong proficiency in determining logistics requirements to enable company’s business goals and objectives with ability to devise and implement strategy to achieve targets.
· Strong financial and analytical ability. Proficiency in managing business analytics to determine optimum company footprint.
· Strong knowledge of international direct and indirect taxes as well as global customs regimes.
· Proven track record of successful change management accomplishments, implementing and management continuous productivity and cost reduction programs.
· Strong and convincing communication skills.
· Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
· Eight years experience in manufacturing experience, including previous management and/or supervisory experience, ten years experience in a research and development and/or manufacturing environment and five years of laboratory experience.
· Master's preferred. MSEE, MBA preferred.
· Or a combination of education, experience and/or training.