Descripción del Trabajo
JABIL OFFERS A COMPREHENSIVE BENEFIT PACKAGE TO INCLUDE: MEDICAL, DENTAL, VISION, PRESCRIPTION, GENEROUS 401K MATCH, $5,250 IN TUITION REIMBURSEMENT, COMPANY PAID LIFE INSURANCE, AND MUCH MORE!
Monitor the quality and efficiency performance for assigned manufacturing line(s). Drive continuous improvement through process development, root cause analysis and systematic problem solving; utilize data from CIQ, TARS and other sources as appropriate.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Continually strive to balance and optimize line throughput, including efforts to minimize changeover downtime (i.e. common set-ups).
· Monitor machine management data in order to maximize utilization and minimize machine-generated scrap.
· Provide input on creative ways to reduce costs by streamlining processes and systems.
· Create and maintain wave and reflow soldering profiles.
· Ensure that process parameters are within acceptable tolerances for products and components, and result in solder quality that meets IPC-610B requirements (or other applicable standard).
· Design and / or procure production tooling, including stencils, vacuum plates, wave solder pallets and product-specific fixtures and jigs.
· Coordinate line reconfigurations and machine move activities, including equipment arrival, positioning and installation, and scheduling of support groups (Machine Support, Facilities, MIS, etc.) using the approved communication process.
· Verify that machine maintenance is performed as scheduled on assigned line(s).
· Encourage open communication and exchange of information within the M.E. department and between the various support groups.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
Bachelor’s degree preferred; and one to two years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Read and understand visual aid. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Must be able to calculate quantity of parts to be prepped and ready for use at any time. Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Individual may be required to sit, stand or walk. Reaching, bending, loading, and unloading of boards and reels is mandatory, as is lifting of up to 35 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and use of microscope and/or magnifying glass.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Individual’s primary workstation is located on the manufacturing floor. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
Successful applicants will have to fulfill all prerequisites for contracts. Certain position may require US Citizenship.