Descripción del Trabajo
JABIL OFFERS A COMPREHENSIVE BENEFIT PACKAGE TO INCLUDE: MEDICAL, DENTAL, VISION, PRESCRIPTION, GENEROUS 401K MATCH, $5,250 IN TUITION REIMBURSEMENT, COMPANY PAID LIFE INSURANCE, AND MUCH MORE!
Provides Lean expertise and guidance through the development, documentation, implementation, and validation of focused and sustainable value stream transformation. Will facilitate building of synergies across a specific value stream to enable cross-functional collaboration and best practices sharing and implementation. Provide coaching and development opportunities to strengthen overall capabilities of a value stream. Engrain process excellence improvement energy and capabilities within the company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Value Stream Alignment with Lean Vision and Strategy:
· Work closely with the Lean Six Sigma Manager to introduce and sustain a Lean culture into a value stream
· Provide coaching and support on value stream design sessions, project identification, and prioritization
· Monitor, coach, and continuously improve Value Stream transformation initiatives to ensure continuous and aggressive throughput time reduction
2. Building a Lean Production System and Lean Culture:
· Be a leader, mentor and coach towards integration of Lean principles, values, philosophies and tools for driving continuous improvement through Kaizen Events along a value stream
· Work with value stream owners to create a system to ensure people development through value stream focused Kaizen Events, Blitzes, and Lean projects
· Develop a best practice sharing internal network supported by the use of eKaizen
· Responsible for the Lean Shop Floor Series
· A coach and active facilitator in Bronze Certification projects and mentoring sessions
· Be an active participant in the Lean Silver Certification
· Lead by example and model the desired behaviors and values
· Foster respect for people and humility through mentoring and coaching through the site’s Lean journey
· Encourage risk taking and experimentation using the scientific method
· Maintain proficiency in the latest Lean approaches
· Align with the local Lean rewards & recognition program
· Align with Finance to bring the impact of projects that are part of Lean program into Jabil’s financial processes
3. System Measurement and Feedback
· Responsible for value stream transformation metrics and data integrity within eKaizen
· Ensure the Lean Index Assessment is being used to measure and enhance value stream transformation
· Leverage factory floor knowledge and employee feedback propose improvements to Lean Six Sigma Managers
4. Ensure Program and Cultural Sustainability
· Develop and mentor lean leaders to facilitate and lead Kaizen Events
· Support Lean Six Sigma Managers to propose and develop a strategies in support of the standardization of effectiveness of the sites Lean program
· Anticipate and meet/exceed customer expectations by solving problems quickly and effectively
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security and ethics policies.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Skilled in financial project cost savings analysis
· Excellent leadership and communication skills
· Track record showing continual improvement of personal skills
· Ability to write routine reports and correspondence and to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization
· Understand the fundamentals and principles of Lean Manufacturing
· Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
· Be proficient in lean tools and processes to coordinate and share knowledge on a regional and global scale
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· At least 1 to 2 years experience as QE, IE, Planner, Line Manager or equivalent position
· Degree in Industrial Engineering or related discipline preferred
· Bronze Certified by Jabil or by recognized organizations in the industry (e.g. ASQ, SME, Shingo Prize)
· Project and facilitation experience in a heavily matrixed environment
· Experience in change management, project management, and financial management
· Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Read and understand visual aid. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Must be able to calculate quantity of parts to be prepped and ready for use at any time. Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Individual may be required to sit, stand or walk. Reaching, bending, loading, and unloading of boards and reels is mandatory, as is lifting of up to 35 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and use of microscope and/or magnifying glass.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Individual’s primary workstation is located in the office and on the manufacturing floor. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
Successful applicants will have to fulfill all prerequisites for contracts. Certain position may require US Citizenship.
Jabil is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by law.