Descripción del Trabajo
Analyzes specifications, lays out metal stock, sets-up and operates machine tools and fits/assembles parts, cleans and/or repairs, metals, molds, tools and fixtures, and machinists hand tools applying knowledge of tool and mold designs and construction, shop mathematics, metal properties, layout and machining procedures. Works without supervision.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Follows MIRR requisitions and studies specifications such as blue prints, sketches, models or descriptions and visualizes product.
- Performs mold troubleshooting to identify the problem.
- Keep inventory of Tooling spare parts for the site
- Computes dimensions and plans layouts to produce parts.
- Sets-up and operates machine tools to machine parts, verifies conformance of machined parts to specifications.
- Lifts machine parts manually by using hoist, positions and holds them on surface plate or worktable using devices.
- Verifies dimensions, alignments and clearances using precision measuring instruments.
- Dowels and bolts parts together using hand tools such as hammers and wrenches.
- May examine standard or previously used tools and decides on modifications to be made.
- May make or modify existing drawings or sketches of parts.
- Makes recommendations of type of material and/or surface treatments to be used for mold components, for example: core, cavities, core pins or inserts and fixtures.
- Operates any machine in the tool room. Needs a working knowledge of all types of welding operations.
- Construct the Electrodes and operates the EDM machine as required.
- Reports corrective actions taken for every work performed on MIRR’s.
- Keep tool room precision tools in good/organized condition and reports any damage or repair need to the Tooling Supervisor.
- Sets and operate shop tools such as surface grinder, band saw, milling machines, lathe, EDM, heliarch welding machine, pedestal grinder and others.
- Responsible to work on emergency tool repair or cleaning for same day, or next day production scheduling.
- Available to work during workweek, weekends, and/or holidays as required to meet production schedules and/or customer requests.·
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- ·High school diploma or equivalent experience.
- Technical school graduate or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of five (5) to ten (10) years of experience in tool and mold construction/maintenance and repair. EDM work and tool fabrication.