Descripción del Trabajo
Supports acquisition and campus opportunities, partnering with Materials Manager, Manufacturing Operation Manager, HR and other core positions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Recruit, interview and hire Operational Development staff.
· Create and manage succession plans for Operational Development function.
· Provide weekly communication forum for the exchange of ideas and information with the department.
· Know and understand the campus strategic directions.
· Define, develop and implement an Operational Development strategy which contributes to the campus strategic directions.
· Develop an understanding of the workcell business strategy as it pertains to Operational Development.
· Provide regular updates to Business Unit on the execution of the strategy.
· Identify creative ways to reduce cost by streamlining processes and systems (i.e. modification of responsibilities or consolidation of tasks, elimination of non-value-added processes, or complete re-engineering of processes and systems).
· Utilize tools to monitor departmental cost and cost trends, striving continuously to improve value.
· Provide feedback to peers on cost and cost trends.
· Prepare timely forecasts for the department.
· Compare forward forecast results to historical actual results for trend assessment and analysis.
· Develop succession plans for Managers and keep access open with plans.
· Display expert technical knowledge in field as well as knowledge of function in Jabil e.g. Purchasing, Planning.
· Use and analyze the Due Diligence process to assess the functional capability of campus opportunities, report findings and highlight possible risks.
· Support functional team and conduct gap analysis to identify areas for improvement.
· Recruit, coach and “Jabilize” Functional Manager.
· Work with Functional Manager to recruit and train functional team.
· Work with and support functional team to action plan improvements.
· Provide functional support to campus sites.
· Work with Project Manager to establish a functional start-up plan.
· Work with Operations Manager to recruit, coach and “Jabilize” Functional Manager.
· Work with Functional Manager to fulfill start-up plan.
· Build effective relationships with Functional Managers across the region.
· Lead by example; “walk the talk.”
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages in an integrated system such as SAP.
· Ability to read, analyze, and interprets general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
· Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
· Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
· Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
· Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
· Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor’s Degree Business Management OR equivalent education and training
· Plus 8 to 10 years experience in a relevant Jabil position OR equivalent external work experience
· Including at least 6 years experience in a supervisory or management role within an Operational Development department.
· Or a combination of education, experience and/or training.