Descripción del Trabajo
Using established procedures is responsible for new engineering design, able to extract requirements and determine steps to implement reference design implementation or design modifications of existing product. An Engineer II will have a good understanding of design process, able to develop & execute validation test plans and proficient in at least one CAD tool associated with their discipline.
Should be able to design mechanical parts / subsystems unassisted from start to finish. Should be able to perform a variety of applicable manual analysis for problem solving. Should be familiar with commonly used manufacturing and tooling processes and how to effectively design parts for them.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· At the appropriate process phase gates, will create, gather & enter the complete design package data into our PDM system for ECO release.
· Meet the requirements of Design Engineer I
· Work with manager and/or PM to provide information that will aid in the initial quoting process.
· Be responsible for directing the Design Engineer I and Technicians on their assigned projects.
· Provide technical support for all manufacturing builds including engineering prototypes, NPI & production releases.
· Stay abreast of the latest technology and techniques to provide designs that are competitive and cost effective.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistics, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Ability to develop mathematical models of physical reality and solve them, then implement the results.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor's degree in Engineering from an accredited four-year college or university
· Minimum of 3-4 years of related experience and/or training
· Minimum of 2 years experience as a Design Engineer I
· Specific requirements as defined by market sector
· Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.