Descripción del Trabajo
The Communications Manager is responsible for developing and strategically managing various internal and external IT communications projects. This position will handle multiple projects simultaneously, including, but not limited to: change management communications, awareness communications and enterprise-wide communications programs. Position works closely with all members of Jabil’s IT and Corporate Communications team.
The role will also cover PR agency management in South Asia and support ad-hoc activities from Supply Chain Management, Global Business Services, event management and trade shows.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Consult and collaborate with all stakeholders to clearly define requirements and deliver expected results.
· Lead cross-functional, global communications projects, gain leadership buy-in, ensure projects are delivered on time and within budget.
· Interface regularly with key executives and employees company-wide and forge relationships in an effort to support communications programs.
· Measure the effectiveness of programs and obtain data to improve programs for greater impact.
· Assess needs, write, edit, produce, and manage distribution of internal and external communications content as needed.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY DELIVERABLES
Part A - Change Management Communications
· Develop and implement change management communication plans for significant/enterprise level initiatives that minimize employee resistance and maximize employee engagement. Play a key role in helping ‘change initiatives’ meet business, schedule and budget objectives.
· Direct, develop and deploy change management communication strategies based on a situational awareness of the details of the change and the groups being impacted by the change; identify potential people-side risks and anticipated points of resistance, and develop specific plans to mitigate or address the concerns.
· Build positive working relationships and proactively partner with Jabil leaders to identify and fulfill their communications needs and help them drive faster adoption, greater utilization and higher proficiency on the changes impacting employees in these organizations.
· Provide direct support and coaching to front-line managers and supervisors to build their communications competencies and equip them with tools for team dialogue sessions about Jabil’s strategic business initiatives and building excitement around them.
· Identify resistance and performance gaps, and work to develop and implement corrective actions.
· Create and manage measurement systems to track adoption, utilization and proficiency of individual changes.
· Develop and enable reinforcement mechanisms and celebrations of success.
· Establish metrics, track progress and develop tools to improve communication effectiveness.
Part B - Awareness Communications
· Play an active role in the IT Messaging committee, assisting with communication editing, scheduling and deployment
· Lead and coordinate a monthly IT newsletter that will profile content to improve our digital workplace reach, provide breaking news and profile individuals and teams worldwide.
· Direct, develop and deploy awareness communication strategies based on audience segmentation.
· Build positive working relationships and proactively partner with Jabil leaders to identify and fulfill their communications needs.
· Establish metrics, track progress and success, and develop tools to improve communication effectiveness.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· PR agency management in Malaysia, Singapore, Vietnam and India (where available)
· Ad-hoc activities from Supply Chain Management, Global Business Services, event management and trade shows.
· Supporting other communications efforts and projects when requested.
Must be fluent in the English language.
In conjunction with Communications Team
· Effectively builds relationships within the organization to help achieve business outcomes. Demonstrates expertise in dealing with business partners at a strategic level, coaching and counseling them and influencing leadership thinking in strategic communications.
· Effectively selects the most beneficial channel mix depending on audience and desired outcomes.
· Collects, analyzes and interprets qualitative and quantitative data and information to develop thorough understanding of stakeholder motivations, preferences and opinions. Uses in-depth knowledge of key audience values to achieve communication goals beyond mere understanding or agreement, such as engagement and active support.
· Provides superior communications counsel to managers and senior leaders and enable them to lead dialogue with their respective stakeholders. Coaches executives and helps them relate to their audience.
· Exhibits expertise in influencing business strategies and ensures alignment and impact of the strategic communications plan. Shapes function and broader organization to focus on outcome-based communications.
· Build in metrics as part of program planning to measure the effectiveness of programs and obtain data to improve programs for greater impact.
· Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required.
· Identify individual and team strengths and development needs on an ongoing basis.
· Coach and mentor staff to deliver excellence to every internal and external customer. Provide ongoing coaching and counseling to team member based on feedback.
· Establish clear measurable goals and objectives by which to determine individual and team results (i.e. operational metrics, results against project timelines, training documentation, attendance records, knowledge of operational roles and responsibilities, person development goals).
· Solicit ongoing feedback from peers and team members on team’s contribution.
· Perform team member evaluations professionally and on time.
· Drive individuals and the team to continuously improve in key operational metrics and the achievement of the organizational goals.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor’s degree in communications, business, marketing or related discipline.
· Minimum of 3-5 years of broad-reaching communications and project management experience.
· Or an equivalent combination of education, experience and training.