Descripción del Trabajo
The Software Developer is an application developer that receives requirements from TS Management and Sector Leads and develops solutions per requirements. This role assists in driving proficiency within the team, assures best practices are followed, and supports the delivery of quality solutions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Works with functional managers and sector leads to establish and maintain technical standards and guidelines for their area.
· Assists in providing decisions into application development platforms and tools.
· Reviews and evaluates new technologies that may be beneficial to current and upcoming project work.
· Participates in the technical design review process to ensure high quality technical designs.
· Facilitates the alignment of solutions within the overall Technology Services strategy.
· Designs solutions on an Enterprise level with medium level of guidance.
· Assures best practices are defined and followed.
· Drives consistency across applications and projects wherever possible.
· Acts as an escalation for technical issues and support.
· Identifies and communicates risks to the business.
· Performs and or supports other duties and responsibilities of team members as required.
· Adheres to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Proven proficiency across multiple disciplines and or technologies.
· Advanced programming skills in both .Net and Java/J2EE platforms.
· Advanced design and architecture experience.
· Experience with XML structure and reporting engines.
· Advanced skills with SQL, IIS, HTTP, and FTP.
· Strong Linux experience, preferred
· Experience in designing applications for automated production environments, preferred
· Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Research, ideate, develop and deploy digital solutions (proof-of-concept) for users from cross-functional teams (eg, Operation, Human Resource, Supply Chain, Finance, Environmental Health Safety).
- Interact with business partners to understand their capabilities, partner with them to learn and develop digital solutions, hands-on coding and deployment of POC or use cases. You will be guided on software development process and the best practices.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand the business outcomes, conceptualize visuals based on requirements using communication channel (e.g., create videos, mobile apps , web site) that will best capture the attention of the viewers.
- Be an Ambassador for a digital innovation lab (known as Jabil Digital Lab), to learn and to share our Jabil digital journey, digital products showcased to audience from Jabil internal or external (customer, supplier, government agencies, schools, etc). Ability to manage the assets in the lab and the configuration setting.
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or candidates with 2-3 years of relevant experience.
- Passionate to learn new technologies, able to work independently and with diverse teams.
- Passionate to turn work product into great content (eg videos, website, power point) that tells a story.
- A team player with positive mindset and critical problems solving skill.
- Strong interpersonal and communication (written and spoken) skills
- Strong interest in and willing to learn new technologies such as AWS or Azure cloud-related products (i.e., IOT, AI/ML etc), AR/VR/Mixed Reality application (i.e., Vuforia, Unity) and low-code products like Microsoft Power Platform.
- Strong programming and scripting skills, in at least one of the common programming languages and frameworks such as .Net Core, C#, Python, Java, React or Angular frameworks.
- Familiar with development methodologies and concepts, such as agile development, API vs microservices, programming methodology, data structure.
- Experience in using design software and technologies (like InDesign, Dreamweaver, Photoshop, video editing software).