At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Descripción del Trabajo
Jabil is looking for an experienced Test Engineer to become part of its growing Test Development team. As a Test Development Engineer, you will be required to take ownership of assigned projects, developing test strategies, test plans, test hardware and automation software, as well as implementation of the test solutions at the desired manufacturing site or in design verification lab.
You will work closely with customers and Jabil’s extended cross-functional teams (design, test, manufacturing, PMO, Quality) to deliver design and manufacturing test solutions.
You will be a strong team player and play a critical part in defining future test strategies for the Test Development Engineering team at Jabil.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop manufacturing and design verification test plans for PCBA’s supporting systems used for Semiconductor manufacturing processes. Analyze test plans generated by customers and by other Jabil groups from the test coverage, test time and cost efficiency standpoint. Evaluate new test methods and strategies to help customers improve efficiency, quality and reduce cost.
- Develop test equipment solutions for Semiconductor Manufacturing Equipment PCBA’s using both off-the-shelf equipment and custom designed hardware (test fixtures, test PCBAs). Work closely with test equipment vendors as well as with test hardware developers on defining, designing, developing and optimizing test hardware solutions.
- Develop test automation scripts for volume manufacturing functional test
- Develop test plans and test solutions for other products used in semiconductor manufacturing industry
- Provide support to Jabil's global manufacturing test engineering teams by working closely with them on manufacturing test solution development, optimization, implementation and support. Travel globally to Jabil's and customer's sites to support these activities.
- Generate the following types of documentation: test plans, test specifications, test hardware requirements and descriptions, test equipment lists, test procedures, debug/troubleshooting manuals, test capability presentations, etc.
- Train and mentor other test engineers, test/diagnostic technicians and test operators.
- Conduct Root Cause Analysis /troubleshooting activities on NPI and volume product in test. Perform data analysis to find patterns and issues with product test performance.
- Work closely with Business Development teams on educating customers about Jabil's test capabilities and help Business Development secure new business opportunities. Assist in developing budgets and quotes for projects submitted to Business Unit Managers.
- Work with extended teams to develop project schedules and execute projects to completion
JOB QUALIFICATIONS - KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
- Experience with functional test of digital and analog PCBA’s.
- Experience with a broad range of standard test equipment used for PCBA level test: high speed scopes (e.g. digital communication analyzers), DMM’s, Ethernet switches, Data Acquisition cards, Frequency Generators/Counters, etc.
- Experience with developing test automation software/scripts using some or all the following languages: LabVIEW, C/C++, C#, Python. Experience with other programming languages is an asset.
- Experience with support of manufacturing sites, where semiconductor manufacturing equipment products are built and tested, is an asset. Good understanding of the end-to-end manufacturing test strategies (pre-FT, FT, ST, ESS) is also an asset. Good understanding of the differences between manufacturing test and design verification test is a valuable skill as well.
- Basic understanding of structural/manufacturing defects, which are typically observed on PCBAs, is a plus.
- Experience in developing cost effective test stations for volume manufacturing.
- Strong Root Cause Analysis and troubleshooting skills.
- Fluent in the use of standard Microsoft Office tools.
- Works well within a team environment – a true team player!
- Self-starter, highly motivated and with strong desire of accountability and ownership.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Electrical Engineering Degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience in test development engineering
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact the Federal Bureau of Investigations internet crime hotline (www.ic3.gov), the Federal Trade Commission identity theft hotline (www.identitytheft.gov) and/or your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.