Descripción del Trabajo
Seeking highly motivated and driven individual to manage plastics injection molding projects from Request For Quotation (RFQ) through Production Qualification (PQ) complete. Startup, shutdown, and troubleshoot injection molding machines. Organizes project planning, progress reporting, work cell setup, and troubleshooting for engineering projects. Ensures project results meet customer requirements, technical quality, reliability, schedule and cost.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Startup, shutdown, and troubleshoot injection molding machines for validation testing.
· Perform work cell setup of injection molding machine and auxiliary equipment.
· Providing validation test schedules and commitments to engineering team.
· Purchasing of resins and auxiliary equipment.
· Working effectively and efficiently within a multi-disciplinary team.
· Drive continuous improvement and optimization utilizing proactive methodologies and trend analysis
· Participates in project meetings and makes recommendations for improvement.
· During process development the candidate will prepare, monitor and evaluate equipment set-ups and process changes and/or corrective actions.
· Assesses and communicates Jabil’s manufacturing capabilities and those of the Engineering group; identify and suggest solutions for any immediate need or enhancement in a timely manner.
· Interface and provide technical support on quality issues with the customer as needed.
· Assist Tooling Engineers with Design for Manufacture issues.
· Offer new ideas and suggestions for improvement. Identify and implement new practices and processes that are “best in class.”
· Understand and drive regulatory and compliance certifications as appropriate (eg. regulatory requirements surrounding ISO9000, ISO14000, AS9100, TUV).
JOB QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
· Knowledge and experience of engineering in medical device manufacturing environment (injection molding preferred).
· Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required
· RJG Master Molder training (preferred)
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS*
· Level I:
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline, 0-3 years work-related experience or/
- 5 years of plastics injection molding experience
· Level II:
- Bachelor/Master’s degree in an engineering discipline, 3-5 years work-related experience or/
- 10 years of plastics injection molding experience
· Level III:
- Bachelor/Master’s degree in an engineering discipline, 6+ years work-related experience or/
- 15 years of plastics injection molding experience