Descripción del Trabajo
Technical Manager, Technology Enablement & Development
Being the key technical contributor to advance Jabil’s vision to lead and become Customers’ preferred partner. Required to proactively initiate and demonstrate strong technical knowledge and competency. Provide leadership in engineering engagement with all Jabil’s stakeholders.
Job Responsibilities for the assigned commodity
- Commodity Strategy Development
o To develop, define and execute strategic plan alongside with Global/Division Commodity Management (GCM/DCM) and Strategy Sourcing Managers (SSM)
- Internal Stakeholders
o Strategic Competency Development
§ Provide Technical Leadership for the commodity
§ Responsible to develop value propositions and technical proposals
§ Develop and Deploy Engineering Workshops / Trainings / Seminars to build up Jabil’s Internal Capabilities
o Technology Roadmap
§ Active engagement with Jabil R&D sites and Strategic Suppliers, to lead and define requirements
§ Leading key technical presentations and discussions
- External Stakeholders
§ Proactive engagement with strategic suppliers to identify, define and lead early adopter’s opportunity for emerging technologies or product offerings
§ Lead, Engage and Convince adoption of Jabil commodity strategy
· Lead Technical engagement for all commodity discussion
· Engage, initiate, and drive strategy deployment
· Convince and demonstrate Jabil ‘s competency
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Engineering from an accredited university
- Minimum of 11-12 years of related experience and/or training
- Minimum of 5 years experiences as a Principal or Lead Engineer.
- Electronics Design Background, simulation tools knowledge
- Demonstrated competence in technical engagement with the customers
* * Please see appendix for specific detail Roles & Responsibilities
Take the major responsibility for lead a team for multi-discipline technical specialists to execute design engagement with internal and external design team in close project collaborate to understand product specification and critical parameters, leverage from our extensive knowledge base on specific commodity material, technology & suppliers capabilities to deliver value with the best fit solution at the right price. As an individual contributor working closely with System Architect in understanding their electronics hardware technical specifications and system requirements and perform design engagement process activities.
Lead the technical specialist team to develop wider and deeper technical competency with the team, ad continue to identify and develop current and new supply partners. Provide exceptional support to external and internal customers, team members, and other persons through design engagement execution process.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to the following:
· Attend kick off meeting to understand customer (internal and external) product specification requirements, translate and communicate requirements to internal team
· Lead, drive and track weekly technical specialist team meeting to ensure execution excellence
· Develop and maintain the processes and methods for design engagement documentation, system design & documentation, and requirements engineering
· Review to ensure respective design engagement activities are conducted according define process flow before submission to customers
· Perform own technical assessment activities includes schematics analysis on critical components & with PCB routing design consideration before making proposal to customers
· Ensure proposed solution and sample components meet requirement for initial design prototype testing & EVT build verification
· Perform market research on newly developed and latest technological solutions and assess suitability for system architect’s consideration for platform design.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy
· Bachelors or Masters degree in Engineering from an accredited university
· Minimum of 11-12 years of related experience and/or training
· Minimum of 5 years experiences as a Principal or Lead Engineer.
· Electronics Design Background, simulation tools knowledge
· Demonstrated competence in technical engagement with the customers
· Preference to Ansys, Cadence and Windchill knowledge
· Advanced PC Skill, including knowledge of SAP
· Preference to Buildings Technologies and/or Computing & Servers product knowledge/background
· Hands on EE hardware board level design and system level experience in Computing, Server, Storage and networking products
· Knowledge server and storage chipsets application such Intel, AMD, SUN, Broadcom, PMc, Adaptec, Gigabit and 10G Ethernet, Ultra-SCSI 320, USB2.0, 1394, Fibre Channel, InfiniBand, SAS/SATA-II & PCI-e cards etc will be essential
· Familiar with PCI, PCI-e, DDR & CPU FSB signalling for Scope analysis, DDR & DDR-II timing and integrity analysis for clocks, strobes, S&H, Power bounce, temp stability etc will be advantages
· Knowledge of PCB layout, PCB raw material & fabrication processes and its limitation will be essential
· Proven track record of successful change management accomplishments, implementing and management continuous productivity and cost reduction programs.
· Strong and convincing communication skills.
· Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required.
The successful candidate must be a self-motivated individual capable of working with a minimum of supervision in a dynamic team environment. Good interpersonal skills: be able to communicate in English with members of other teams, departments and clients; as a high degree of liaison is needed.