Descripción del Trabajo
The Principal Engineer is an expert in a particular field of engineering or within a particular sector. This role is experienced with leading design teams through full product development and into production. A Principal Engineer will be expected to demonstrate a level of expertise in a particular area that matches or exceeds the expertise of our customers. In addition, this role consults on system architectures, assesses technical requirements and competencies needed during quoting, and oversees design progressions during product developments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Meets the requirements of a Lead Engineer in respect to expertise
· Represents Jabil Engineering Services in technical customer discussions / meetings.
· Works with Project Managers in the quoting process.
· Provides technical input to help identify and solve project risks that may affect overall project plans and schedules.
· Is expected to support the development and utilization of processes for design.
· Mentors all engineering staff.
· Stays abreast of the latest technology and techniques to provide designs that are competitive and cost effective.
· Raises perception of Jabil’s acumen in the industry by authoring or presenting papers, articles, etc.
· Associated with applicable industry trade groups/organizations, maintaining active membership and participation.
· Works with Site Directors to define potential R&D project proposals that will help increase areas of competencies needed.
· Leads the development and implementation of platform and product architectures in collaboration with senior technical staff.
· Guides and oversee the development of system component requirements, interfaces, and specifications necessary to maintain the consistency and integrity of the architectures.
· Manages product design and documentation at a system level.
· Performs independent research and engineering studies.
· Leads remote development teams.
· Effectively consults on multiple projects in parallel.
· Defines objectives of DOE, CPK analysis, Gage R&R studies, and other tools for group projects.
· Develops IP Patents, Technical Publications or White Papers
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistics, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Ability to develop mathematical models of physical reality and solve them, then implement the results.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Masters degree in Engineering from an accredited four-year college or university