Descripción del Trabajo
Responsible for carrying out tax compliance/accounting projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Participate in the timely and accurate preparation of federal and state income tax returns and other specified tax returns
• Participate in the timely and accurate preparation of income tax provision and VAT calculations
• Improve processes by identifying efficiencies in preparation and information gathering procedures
• Ensure that work product is timely, self-reviewed, and meets the needs of the end user
• Must be analytical and knowledgeable in accounting procedures and practices and be capable of working independently with general supervision from the Senior Tax Associate/Tax Manager
• Effectively manage time and projects
• Keep up to date on changes in tax law and related guidance through tax update webcasts and technical reading
• Prepare various Excel worksheets and PowerPoint presentations for compliance and planning projects
• Collaborate with tax and other departments on cross-functional projects
•May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
• Typically reports to Management. Direct supervisor job title(s) typically include:
• Job is NOT directly responsible for managing other employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management).
• Experience in analytical tasks and research
• Working knowledge of tax technical rules
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced work environment
• Ability to become proficient in accounting and tax return software
• Working knowledge in use of Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
• Database management experience
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting OR equivalent required; One or two years tax related experience required.