Descripción del Trabajo
The Machine Specialist will perform intermediate level troubleshooting, machine setups, and operate manufacturing equipment including but not limited to lathe, cutting, drilling, milling, bending, deburring, chemical finishing, laser etching and assembly in multiple cells and/or work areas (as defined by the department). Responsible for ensuring production flow while eliminating nonconformances and machine downtime with minimal supervision.
Sign-on bonus offered to eligible new hires. Pay rates start at $18.00/hr.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ability to troubleshoot and correct machining issues to decrease downtime.
- Ability to effectively and quickly perform machine change overs in department.
- Ability to effectively present problem/solution analysis to management as appropriate.
- Coordinates with engineering and maintenance to implement long term solutions to machining and production issues.
- Drive daily production and continually strive to balance and optimize line throughput.
- Decrease/eliminate nonconforming production orders.
- Knowledgeable in SAP/Neptune to provide problem resolution and ensure production order flow.
- Ability to train unskilled or junior level operators on all machining operations in assigned area.
- Ensure operator asset care is perform at prescribed intervals to enhance machine efficiency and capacity
- Ensure assigned production cells are maintained in a clean and organized manner.
- Willingness to learn and certify in all areas and machines within screw II.
- Liaise between operators, ops leads, and engineering.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Typically reports to Management. Direct supervisor job title(s) typically include: Manufacturing/Production Supervisor
- Job is NOT directly responsible for managing other employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management).
- Follow appropriate safety practices to prevent accidents to self or others.
- Follow all laws and policies as they apply to one's job and to maintain the highest levels of professionalism, ethics and compliance at all times.
- Participate in and understand all compliance related activities pertaining to the job assignment.
- Understand and execute lean initiatives (e.g. 5S, Standard Work).
- Engage with others in a positive and constructive manner that is conducive to good teamwork in a production environment.
- Proficiently perform process requirements and metrics in assigned area to meet safety, quality, compliance and production goals as well as training requirements.
- Work during assigned shift schedule and meet associated attendance requirements.
- Ability to work overtime – in excess of eight (8) hours a day and/or in excess of 40 hours a week to support business requirements.
- Demonstrate consistency in results.
- Follow process sheets, in process quality checks and perform first piece inspections.
- Interface with co-workers and support functions to resolve problems.
- Identify and offer ideas and solutions for improvements based on applied knowledge.
- Run process tests or rework operations and associated inspection and process control measures.
- Cross-train to other work cells/departments as business needs dictate.
- Perform qualified operator duties as required based on assigned area.
- Train and mentor fellow employees in the same area.
- Perform basic root cause analysis on machine related downtime.
- Performs other related duties, as required
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
- Demonstrable troubleshooting and mechanical aptitude.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Basic computer skills (e.g. internet, email).
- General math skills (e.g. addition, subtraction, multiplication, division).
- Previous industrial or manufacturing experience in regulated industry preferred.
The anticipated hourly pay range for this role is $14.11 - $20.45 - $26.79. Job-related, non-discriminatory factors used to determine the actual offered rate include qualifications and experience, education (if requirement noted above), geographic location, external market data, and consideration of internal equity.
As part of the total rewards package, this position is eligible for a short-term incentive based on performance. In addition, Jabil offers benefits to enhance your health, wealth and resilient self. These include medical, dental, and vision insurance plans; 401(k) retirement plan and employee stock purpose plan; and paid time off.